Power Overload

Performant, semi-realistic power distribution overhaul. Power poles can explode if the total electrical consumption on the network is too high. Use transformers to separate networks so that subnetworks do not take more power than they can handle.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Power

b [Not a bug] Krastorio 2 compatibility

3 years ago

In Krastorio 2, the textures of some factories become one and a half times larger.

3 years ago

Hello, would you mind being more specific, or showing some screenshots please? I'm not sure what you mean

3 years ago

http://joxi.ru/Vm676PQf4J7L52.jpg
Unfortunately, it turned out only to photograph, so that the properties of the standing electrical supports were visible.

3 years ago

Unfortunately I've tested K2 both with and without Power Overload and with and without high sprite resolution, and it is behaving correctly in all cases. I strongly doubt that Power Overload is to blame because I only modify other mods' power poles. If you hover over the faulty machines, presumably they just say "Base mod > Krastorio2", which means that they haven't been modified by Power Overload. I'd suggest reporting the problem to the K2 devs, but I'm skeptical if they'd be able to fix it either...

3 years ago

Determined that eliminating the Water Pillars mod solves the problem.

3 years ago

Good to hear! Let me know if you think that the power consumption limits need adjusting when playing with Krastorio2.

3 years ago

K2 has very energy-intensive industries and very productive power plants that can produce 3GW in one object. In the sandbox, I assembled several production lines from the mid and late game and tested it. In order not to complicate my usual schemes too much and not greatly reduce the efficiency. And also to preserve the ability to receive energy from power plants with at least something, I chose the following parameters:
Small electric pole 20MW
Medium electric pole 200MW
Big electric pole 2GW
Huge electric pole 10GW
Substation 400MW
At the same time, there is no way to remove energy from the antimaterial power plant with one support. However, in the late game of K2, it is very easy to gain energy. Therefore, I think it will be fun to get energy from the antimaterial reactor without burning down the power grid.

3 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll include them in the next update as defaults when playing K2.

3 years ago

Thanks for the quick response and clarification.
You make very interesting mods.

3 years ago

Thank you!
(In case you hadn't figured it out yourself, you can change the power consumption settings yourself in mod settings).

3 years ago

I've changed the default settings when K2 is loaded in 1.1.5, but it doesn't actually change anything unless you reset to default after loading K2. Not much I can do about that unfortunately.

New response