Power Overload

Performant, semi-realistic power distribution overhaul. Power poles can explode if the total electrical consumption on the network is too high. Use transformers to separate networks so that subnetworks do not take more power than they can handle.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Power

b [Fixed-1.1.0] Error trying to add mod to existing game

3 years ago

Hi,
I've tried reinstalling the mod after fiddling around with some stuff, but now my existing world won't load with an error:

Error while running event PowerOverload::on_init()
Invalid surface name: Surface names must not be blank and must be unique.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_surface'
PowerOverload/scripts/create-surface.lua:31: in function 'create_editor_surface'
PowerOverload/control.lua:222: in function <PowerOverload/control.lua:210>

Creating a new world works for some reason, so I cannot try which mod causes the conflict.
Looking into the file itself I saw you added something for RSO, which is installed as well. I guess these two bite each other there?

3 years ago

Ah this should be a simple fix on my part. My mod creates a surface when you add it to the game, but I obviously forgot to check if the surface was already existing. You can go into editor mode and remove the extra surface if you want to be able to readd this mod.

3 years ago

No worries, I can wait until a new version is out, I just started a new playthrough so it'll be a while until overloads become relevant for me xD

3 years ago

Ok, I’m planning a release tomorrow with this fix, modded pole support (AAI, Bob’s Power and Cargo Ships initially, lmk if you need a particular mod), customisable limits, and optional damage instead of explosions.

3 years ago

Ok, I’m planning a release tomorrow with this fix, modded pole support (AAI, Bob’s Power and Cargo Ships initially, lmk if you need a particular mod), customisable limits, and optional damage instead of explosions.

3 years ago

Fixed in 1.1.0 (https://github.com/tburrows13/PowerOverload/commit/5651c5a33f2c21cdf25edbd35f470180d292272e). BTW the bit about RSO is irrelevant, it is just to tell RSO not to spawn any resources on that surface. Also none of the surface creation code is mine, I took it from beltlayer :D

New response