Power Overload

Performant, semi-realistic power distribution overhaul. Power poles can explode if the total electrical consumption on the network is too high. Use transformers to separate networks so that subnetworks do not take more power than they can handle.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Power

i [Completed-1.1.0] Other mod power pole integration?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hiya! I really like the idea of the mod, I'm just wondering whether it would be possible to integrate other mods (like Bob's Power), given that while the smaller power poles work as intended with their max power limit, the mod ones have no limit.
Would that be an easy fix or is it not a priority right now? Just curious!

(As for if you want to implement it, would it be an idea to read in the power transport related items and automatically assign limits based on their position in the tech tree or so, to make it generally compatible with other mods?)

EDIT: Nevermind, I should read the description properly and not over-read the point where you address it xD
But yeah, given that Bob/Angel is pretty much the biggest overhaul mod, it would probably be a good idea to look at them first in terms of integration.

3 years ago

I think that automatically assigning limits is not going to work well enough, so I'll stick to manually adding modded power poles. Top of my list is Bob's Power and AAI Industry, but I will just be guessing at the power limits, so let me know if they are not reasonable or suggest actual numbers now! If you have other specific mods that you'd like, let me know.

3 years ago

I have not played that much yet with Bob's, so I'll have to see what values make sense. Once I reach a bit further into the modpack I can give feedback on how strong the power poles need to be to be. Generally though, as especially Angel's mods add a ton of intermediate steps, I think for a first idea it is better to make the numbers big, and scale down when it turns out that they are carrying too much.
On the other hand, if you then turn down the values, you might make some player bases go boom...
How about making the values modifyable in the config so willing testers can play with the values and see what works?

3 years ago

Ok, 1.1.0 has support for AAI Industry, Bob's Power, and Cargo Ships. Let me know if you need more. You can also now modify values in the mod settings to adjust it exactly how you like (but please let me know when you're done tweaking so that I can update the default values!).

New response