Power Armor MK3

MK3 and MK4 power armors (bigger grid, larger inventory), also adds various equipment (Night vision MK2, Energy shield MK3, Fusion battery, Singularity...)

Content
2 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Armor

b Compatibility issues with Industrial Revolution

4 years ago

The Heavy Armor (originally 30 red science) is locked behind tier 3 science by this mod (now 350 R G B science).
The early builder bots of Industrial Revolutions mod (originally 40 red science) are therefor also locked behind tier 3 science and thus impossible to get to in the early stages. Once they can be researched they are completely redundant; basic workers are already in commission by that time.

Thanks for looking into this!
NoctiSilva

4 years ago

I'm a little confused, my mod does nothing to builder bots, and if Heavy Armor has been changed to 350 RGB science, it wasn't done by me. I add another armor type to the research without changing it's cost at all. It also bears mentioning that Industrial Revolution is still on 0.17, but I'll have a look regardless, thanks for the post.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ok I've just downloaded IR to see what you were talking about, and the issue is definitely not on my end, Deadlock has changed things in a pretty major way with his mod, not the least of which is the tech tree.

4 years ago

Hey Jimmy, ty for looking into this. For the time being I will disable your mod until I have blue science up and running. Thanks for your awesome mod and your time!
-Nocti-

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

No worries, I've actually figured out what the problem is too, because the new armor uses iron the 'Heavy Armor' research is flagged as 'Iron Age' research, and costs are adjusted automatically, I'll see about posting a version specifically for IR until I figure out how to do a proper compatibility patch.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Actually that might be harder than anticipated, as I have no idea of balance in IR, if you could suggest recipes for each of the items in my mod, using items from IR, then I'll throw together a version for you.

4 years ago

Knocked up a test version of the mod with IR support here: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=482703#p482703 let me know if I missed anything important.

1 year, 8 months ago

Normal version of the PAMK3 mod still does this with the science cost of heavy armor even though it only costs 20 reinforced bronze plates.

New response