Plutonium Energy

Adds processing of plutonium, excess product from nuclear reaction. Plutonium can be used to make ammo (even plutonium atomic bomb) and to generate energy as MOX fuel.

Content
6 days ago
0.15 - 1.1
Power

i Support for Schall Uranium Processing

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Currently I'm not planning to make something special for Schall Uranium Processing.
Also, as Schallfalke said:

Guess this mod is working with Plutonium Energy without any big problems. But small things like names of HEU or U-235 maybe inconsistent in your recipe names.

So I think there is currently no need to make support.
(But I'll add this on TODO)

4 years ago

Ok, thanks

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hello, both of you. Finally I have time to revise my translations of not-my-own mods, and look for mod interactions.

After some thinking, I actually find the solution to this request can be quite simple actually: using the magic string.
Say, for the current string:

plutonium-238-nuclesynthesis=Plutonium-238 (Nucleosynthesis of uranium-238)

It can be done by replacing that with:

plutonium-238-nuclesynthesis=__ITEM__PE-plutonium-238__ (Nucleosynthesis of __ITEM__uranium-238__)

By this way, the recipe title will be automatically shown as "Plutonium-238 (Nucleosynthesis of Depleted uranium)", if Schall Uranium Processing is installed. Or it will be shown similar to current as "Plutonium-238 (Nucleosynthesis of Uranium-238)", if without that.
So there is no complex code needed to make such "auto adaptation". The only downside is that capital/small letters do not respect the grammar, but I guess it is better than using a different name?

@John_TheCF, if you feel this is a solution, I can provide changes to locale files of de, zh-TW, zh-CN (maybe also en) to you. I guess you can do the same thing to ru and uk files yourself after that. :-)

Ok, I've already pushed these changes for en, ru and uk to dev branch on github, waiting for your translations.

By the way, this change would break not only grammar (capitalisation), but also some morphology in languages like Russian or Ukrainian.
I think I'll just just swap locale string when Schall's mod is detected, it's very simple. Also I found a solution to get rid of recipe's output count in name... For now I'll just place this on TODO.
Maybe I'll do this next week, my school is closed too :)

4 years ago

Ok, I've already pushed these changes for en, ru and uk to dev branch on github, waiting for your translations.

Just saw that. Actually three out of five entries in recipe-name needs the same change also. You only changed one.

By the way, this change would break not only grammar (capitalisation), but also some morphology in languages like Russian or Ukrainian.
I think I'll just just swap locale string when Schall's mod is detected, it's very simple. Also I found a solution to get rid of recipe's output count in name... For now I'll just place this on TODO.

How about doing it in other way(s)? I just think of two more solutions. See which one you like more:
A/ The method I posted yesterday, I now call it as "Method A". Advantage: Simple (only locale file changes). Disadvantage: Grammar and morphology issues (as what you said).
B/ Mod detection code and different assignment in item prototype definition. Advantage: Correct grammar Disadvantage: Slightly more complex code.
C/ Adding those entries to locale files of Schall Uranium Processing (yes, to my mod). Advantage: You do not need to do anything to your mod. Disadvantage: You have to send me your translation entries for any changes. (I do not mind this at all, just send me.) :-D
D/ Maybe there are other methods. But now I only have above three.

It looks method C is the most natural solution to me now. Players using Plutonium Energy (abbrv. as "PE" in the following) only will see everything working as usual.
Schall Uranium Processing ("SUP") changed the basic names, so it is natural if changes are also within it.
Players with both PE and SUP will see the new correct text.
Players with SUP only will not be affected at all.

If you prefer method A, give me some time. I will send you the changes today or tomorrow.
If you prefer method B, the needed strings will not be using magic strings though, so different from that of method A.
If you prefer method C, the same strings as method B. I will add them to SUP.

I like Method B. I'll just make two locale entries for each recipe, one for default PE and one for PE with SUP.

4 years ago

Alright, I will provide you the locale entries for PE+SUP later tonight.
Forget about the entries with magic strings then. :-D

Making locale with magic strings is difficult...
By the way, already implemented code for changing locale entry. And ru and en versions for PE-only and PE with SUP.

4 years ago

Just realized you have removed parentheses.
I have adjusted to the similar format and submitted as #20 to your Github.

Yeah, I merged these changes already. Now testing in-game before releasing...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

it looks like I'll have to adjust recipes too.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hmm... I am not sure about these. They are two different methods in principle.
Vanilla nuclear fuel processing (NFR) gives only 3× U-238. I feel it to be too cheap. There are much more useful isotopes (some fissile isotopes) in them. They should not be pure U-235 nor pure DU in my opinion.
But I don't want to add another the fourth concentration level neither, so I just reused the only intermediate concentraion level, making the product to 5× Uranium concentrate. The U-235 concentration in real-world spent fuel cell is still quite high indeed, according to Wikipedia.

Though your advanced NFR is another extraction method, I do think that giving out Uranium concentrate would be better than giving DU. Your Pu-239 would be much more useful though, so it is not as important as Uranium concentrate in my NFR.

I already changed the recipe :P
When making advanced NFR, I wanted a recipe that will replace basic NFR and give plutonium.

4 years ago

Now find it in your code. It would be a good setting.

I'll place this on TODO...

I've added a setting to choose product of adv. NFR. It's already on GitHub, waiting for translation...

4 years ago

Submitted as #22 to your Github.
[de] Also some minor wording consistency.
[de] Move "PE-disable-U238-excess-neutron-capture-recipe" back to [mod-setting-description], was wrongly placed in [mod-description].

New response