Placeables: Quickly show items in your inventory that you can build with!

A quickbar-inspired window that shows all items you can use for building that is currently in your inventory. Designed for use with megamods (Pyanodon's, Bob's, and Angel's for example) that add so many buildings that the quickbar can't handle them all.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

b [Fixed] Error while running event Placeables::on_player_built_tile (ID 45)

3 years ago

Die Mod Placeables: Show everything you can build with! (0.9.12) hat einen Fehler verursacht, der nicht behoben werden kann.
Bitte informiere den Autor der Mod über diesen Fehler.

Error while running event Placeables::on_player_built_tile (ID 45)
Placeables/control.lua:337: attempt to index local 'item' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Placeables/control.lua:337: in function <Placeables/control.lua:325>

Place a tile with Mapeditor

3 years ago

Please update to version 0.9.15 , It should be fixed in that version... hopefully

3 years ago

Die Mod Placeables: Show everything you can build with! (0.9.15) hat einen Fehler verursacht, der nicht behoben werden kann.

Error while running event Placeables::on_player_built_tile (ID 45)
Placeables/control.lua:348: attempt to index local 'item' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Placeables/control.lua:348: in function <Placeables/control.lua:336>

3 years ago

Playing Foltik's Spaghetti Modpack
I Start a new game and get this Error

Die Mod Placeables: Show everything you can build with! (0.9.20) hat einen Fehler verursacht, der nicht behoben werden kann.

Error while running event Placeables::on_player_created (ID 24)
Placeables/control.lua:238: attempt to index local 'inventory' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Placeables/control.lua:238: in function 'UpdateGUI'
Placeables/control.lua:406: in function <Placeables/control.lua:398>

3 years ago

Both of these issues should now be fixed. Apologies for the slow fix there

3 years ago

The waiting time is not so much what bothers me, not everyone has enough time, it is rather the number of crashes that worries me. Isn't it possible to improve the quality of the development a little bit. There are too many unsuccessful updates. I don't want to complain, it's just my thoughts about it. Thank for your time.

3 years ago

The thing is that I'm not a professional at making mods. This is the first ever mod that I've made that isn't just a simple sprite swap. All I can do is try my best and fix errors as they get reported.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

maybe im wrong, what i mean is to test more known cases after fix bevor publish :-) no offense, just to help to optimize the work.
if not yet done, install the mod which causes the error and try to reproduce the error instead of waiting for an user response. If you do this already, never mind :-)

3 years ago

I wouldn’t expect that many mod makers explicitly test their mods for compatibility with tons of other mods, especially not for every release. I certainly don’t. Of course there are ways to write code that will hopefully minimise compatibility issues, but you’re never going to eliminate them entirely, and if you’re new to modding, then you won’t always be experienced enough to know what will work well and what won’t.

If you as a user are concerned about the quality of the code, then I recommend simply waiting a few days after any major releases or new features to see if there are any crashes reported and to wait for them to be fixed.

@KinglonTrueLove it would be helpful for your users if you included the changelog in changelog.txt. That way it is easier to see what has changed and it can be viewed ingame.

3 years ago

Yeah I tracked down one unrelated crash due to an interaction with a mod called "Shortcuts for 1.0" causing weird interactions with the "creative mode" mod. Also I just don't have much experience with all the variations of god/creative/editor modes and a good percentage of my crash reports ended up being related to that side of the game.

I mean sure a good portion of the crashes are due to my own Ineptitude, there is also just so many odd interactions that can happen to a person's inventory that made this mod way more complex than I originally anticipated.

I will get a changelog done, soon... hopefully. If I don't get any more crash reports I may take a bit of a break before doing that and pushing for the final performance tweaks I want to do.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

@Xorimuth I think you misunderstand my intention. But never mind, everyone takes information what he thinks is useful, the rest is ignored anyway ;-)
@KingIonTrueLove thanks for your work :-)

New response