Survival is now far more difficult as the Biters play the relentless alien wildlife truly hellbent on overwhelming you.
Spend your daylight wisely as the biters remain largely dormant unless provoked. But even a daytime provocation is nothing compared to the swarm that awakens at sunset.
Presently, your first day is bright and will last 2 hours. After that nights will occur lasting roughly 20-40 minutes to 30-40 minutes day time, although days will still be dark.
Biter behavior comes in phases, where they will be more passive during the daytime and become more aggressive at night. Also, their evolution rate will spike during nighttime and diminish during day time.
Keep an eye out for warnings on how to deal with their immediate threat.
There are ingame settings to change the difficulty (Options -> Mods -> Startup / Map)
For descriptions hover over the names
Increased Rates - https://mods.factorio.com/mods/reapa/IncreasedRates
Armageddon - https://mods.factorio.com/mods/binbinhfr/Armageddon
Rampant AI - https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Veden/Rampant
- added settings to change fire resistance for biters and spitters
- send messages about biter activity changes, phases to ChatToFile
- added startup settings to: add fire resistance to biters, increase biter/spitter damage(default to 2.5 for biters. 2 for spitters), increase movement speed
- added map settings to: add bonus to biter/spitter damage
- added option for flamethrower/flamethrower turret to not create smoke entities. Might help with lots and lots of Flamethrower turrets
- something is screaming
- minor logging changes
- updated for Factorio 0.15.13, should still work with 0.15.12
- fixed debugMode being always true after game start
- Update for 0.15
- Added ingame mod settings, removed config file
- Added config option to toggle debug mode, increasing performance if off.
- Added config option to set the first daylight phase length.
- Fix for permanent evolution not accumulating.
- Large balance overhaul.
- Config file for scaling values added.
- Nights and days occur more frequently after the initial long day, but day is now darker (Solar panels are buffed so they are still useful).
- Few bug fixes.
- Update for 0.14
- Biter evolution phase balanced. Evolution won't occur before 1 cycle complete, where it will have about a 20% chance to occur. After 3 cycles, evolution phase will be more difficult and have a 30% chance to occur. During the phase it will be easier to combat the evolution.