Picker Pipe Tools

Adds tools to make fluid handling with pipes much better. -Orphan finder -Pipe cleaner (In Blueprint Menu) -Underground Pipe Highlighter Press <CTRL SHIFT P>(press again to toggle off) - Pipe Highlighter Verify connections by hovering over pipes. (Configurable in mod settings) -Pipe clamps Press <CTRL + R> on pipes, or use tool from Blueprint Menu (Like flow control but automatic) -Auto clamps (close proximity pipe laying without pipes connecting) toggle with /autoclamp or <CTRL SHIFT C> [Check mod startup settings for disabling certain parts of mod if you want QoL only]

Utilities
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Overlay on undergrounds connects to top of entity

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

In 1.1 the overlay isn't working correctly for underground pipes:
https://imgur.com/V34tMCj

3 years ago

Oh no...did they fix the beam shift...

3 years ago

Is there fix for it for now? It's SO annoying... Please fix it.
Also one more thing: I wish that lines will draw at different layer or something (like draw of logistic-square from roboport when mouse-over) - because it slow down multiplayer for sure and that lines (when mouse-over pipes) drawn at all player's screens (not only for that player who did mouse-over pipe). Hope that you'll understand me.

3 years ago

Yes, I understand you. There’s a way to make it so that only the one player sees it. I’ve been putting it off for a long time, though, since it requires a full rewrite of the code.

3 years ago

so this issue (the beam overlay) seems to still be there, though sometimes its one line and sometimes its two lines. I managed to clear it up by changing the pipe-highlight.lua line 233 from

target_position = {neighbour_position.x, neighbour_position.y - 0.1},

to

target_position = {neighbour_position.x, neighbour_position.y + 0.4},

though you might want to look into it yourself when you get time.
Love the mod by the way! I really only use the pipe highlighting feature, but its really a must-have QOL mod. That plus the belt highlighter that does pretty much the same thing are things I feel should be in the core game...

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Thx Saienai :P

2 years ago

This "bug" also has one nice feature - line is always tilted downwards to the source (hovered block) -- this way you can understand the flow direction if the block you are hovering would act as a sink

2 years ago

Also in pipe-highlight.lua, on line 163, change

target_position = end_position,

to

target_position = {end_position.x, end_position.y + 0.4},

2 years ago

Hey this isn’t necessary any more. Another mod and some base game implementation has done it better.

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

Thanks, Saienai and bzenis, those fixes seem to have worked !
(On version 1.1.3 at least, but probably the latest one too ?)

1 year, 2 months ago

I have uploaded the fixed version on the official thread BTW :
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=581441#p581441

New response