Picker Pipe Tools

Adds tools to make fluid handling with pipes much better. -Orphan finder -Pipe cleaner (In Blueprint Menu) -Underground Pipe Highlighter Press <CTRL SHIFT P>(press again to toggle off) - Pipe Highlighter Verify connections by hovering over pipes. (Configurable in mod settings) -Pipe clamps Press <CTRL + R> on pipes, or use tool from Blueprint Menu (Like flow control but automatic) -Auto clamps (close proximity pipe laying without pipes connecting) toggle with /autoclamp or <CTRL SHIFT C> [Check mod startup settings for disabling certain parts of mod if you want QoL only]

Utilities
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Incorrect name in event

4 years ago

Hi, I've found that Picker Pipe Tools raises "script_raised_built" on pipe-clamps.lua:116 with an event object that contains "created_entity". The entity in the event should be named just "entity". This is an issue because mods handling the event might try and look at "entity" and find nothing.

I recommend that you change the field to "entity" to comply with the API:

https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/events.html#script_raised_built

Cheers,
Daniel

4 years ago

It was done that way to match on_built_entity. Entity is given in the event you pass the flag into the function to create an entity, which I don't.

4 years ago

I agree it’s inconsistent, but it is documented and you should use “entity” if you want to be compatible with other mods.

Hey, I've found an "instant" (one line) fix for this error:

In the creation of the event table at line 110-116 in scripts/pipe-clamper.lua, simply add "entity = new," as one of the keys.

4 years ago

That is the simplest and most compatible solution.

4 years ago

The event now passes both

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thanks, I was just about to report this incompatibility with Burner Leech...
(Which seems to have been made compatible with other mods a while ago ? https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Burner-Leech/discussion/5d488159ecaf98000cf12a46 .)
Would you be so kind to backport this fix to 0.17 ?

4 years ago

The event now passes both

Much appreciated!

New response