Picker Pipe Tools

Adds tools to make fluid handling with pipes much better. -Orphan finder -Pipe cleaner (In Blueprint Menu) -Underground Pipe Highlighter Press <CTRL SHIFT P>(press again to toggle off) - Pipe Highlighter Verify connections by hovering over pipes. (Configurable in mod settings) -Pipe clamps Press <CTRL + R> on pipes, or use tool from Blueprint Menu (Like flow control but automatic) -Auto clamps (close proximity pipe laying without pipes connecting) toggle with /autoclamp or <CTRL SHIFT C> [Check mod startup settings for disabling certain parts of mod if you want QoL only]

Utilities
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

i Keyboard and quickbar shortcut for pipe count.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Like the title said, it would be very convenient. 😍
I found my self to switch back to menu waaay to many times just to turn on/off the pipe count tools. 😭

4 years ago

Oh, that's a good idea!

4 years ago

i had installed and used the picker suite for quite some time and probably also adjusted quite a few settings. when i just installed the mods for some new standalone instance of factorio, i got annoying beeps and clamping all the time :-(

reason for the beeps : every time when hitting a pipe with the cursor (and that is quite often in some areas of my factory), this mod generates a message "xxx pipes found in currently selected network" accompanied by beeps, looking almost(?) like some forgotten debug message ... i wouldn't mind the messages, either at best welcoming the info or at worst just ignoring it, but the constant beeping was really annoying. after looking at the discussions, i found this thread, saw that there might be a setting, and now have turned it off completely :-) :-(
an option/hotkey to show this info on demand (only!) would be nice to not spam the chat with messages when moving the mouse in the oil refinery area, and most of all: with no beeping please.

reason for the clamping : two of the picker mods use the same shortcut CTRL-SHIFT-C. I'm not entirely sure, but i think this is the default setting of both mods (none of them was shown in orange as indicator for "has been modified"). and thus i toggled clamping on and off all the time when i try to move the contents of chests :-( but since i don't use clamping anyway, i could easily fix the problem by simply rightclicking the shortcut setting to clear the key :-)
for future new users of your mods, it would be nice to have different hotkeys for all functions so that the whole suite can be installed and used without any adjustments. (btw: it's even possible to have the option for hotkeys and not define them by default so that users can do it themselves as wanted or needed, and having no conflicts otherwise which would be quite probable with the big number of different mods and the big number of options many mods have)

(note to devs: please add an option to also search for keys to more easily find multiple bindings of the same key with and without modifiers, and not only "find description string". and please also add an option to reset all hotkeys/settings of only a single mod and not having to reset all mods and then adjust most of them again, and/or at least show what the defaults of settings and hotkeys would be, similar to what some mod does for min/default/max values of settings. btw: the need for such a function is a consequence of factorio no longer forgetting mod settings/hotkeys when uninstalling and reinstalling them, which i generally like a lot!)

as you said half a year ago "that's a good idea": have you implemented this yet ? for belts i see a button to toggle showing the path along belts, but for pipes i couldn't find a hotkey, setting or shortcut to show their connection status or their count. but maybe i only didn't see it between all the many other useful options, settings and hotkeys ...

btw: i use picker for a long time now. at first it was easy to install and difficult to configure (just one huge mod). then it became even bigger and finally was split into separate mods, nice to partially select what people really want/need, but on the other hand a bit more complicated to find out what all the mods are doing and which mods should or shouldn't be used. shortly after the reorganization of the suite, it was quite complicated to find where all the functions had gone, but it's a long time now and i hope your schedule allows for some addtional documentation? :-) eg the picker cheats seems to be an old remnant which always gave me problems after the reorganization (thus i disabled it) and only now i have seen that it wasn't updated for 0.18 and is probably not used/needed any longer anyway?
for people starting with the game itself and/or with picker mods, or those who revive an old installation with lots of old mods, it would be nice to have a hint at some prominent location (at the top or bottom of every pickermod info page?) that gives a link to some overview which picker mods currently exist at all, which ones are outdated/deprecated, and which functions they offer (no details, just a list/overview).

Nexela β˜†
4 years ago

Picker cheats is deprecated. Editor extension by Raiguard is it's better replacment.

Thank you for your feedback.
Autoclamp is a bug ish. The clamping was supposed to only toggle when holding a pipe.

Pipes is due for a rewrite/cleanup soon tm.

New response