Picker Pipe Tools

Adds tools to make fluid handling with pipes much better. -Orphan finder -Pipe cleaner (In Blueprint Menu) -Underground Pipe Highlighter Press <CTRL SHIFT P>(press again to toggle off) - Pipe Highlighter Verify connections by hovering over pipes. (Configurable in mod settings) -Pipe clamps Press <CTRL + R> on pipes, or use tool from Blueprint Menu (Like flow control but automatic) -Auto clamps (close proximity pipe laying without pipes connecting) toggle with /autoclamp or <CTRL SHIFT C> [Check mod startup settings for disabling certain parts of mod if you want QoL only]

Utilities
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b i just updated to 0.17.59 and i got this error

4 years ago

A more detailed title would have been nice, but: I also hit it, and I'm pretty sure everyone will. Error text is:

Error while loading entity prototype "picker-pipe-marker-beam" (beam): Beam animation frame count mismatch. light_animations.start(16) must have the same number of frames as tail (1).

4 years ago

It looks like the beam gained a new light_animations field in the latest release. Setting it to nil removes the new features it brings to lasers, and gets the mod working again.

Reference: https://github.com/wube/factorio-data/blob/da3b817dbbef7dc630d18123b357a5180b7cf8dc/base/prototypes/entity/beams.lua#L143

my image says it all tho

4 years ago

dude, your image link, and the title of your post, both say "uh, sumfink." that is not useful information. the image has the content, hidden a ways from anywhere people are gonna see it. if you want to be lazy, go for it, just don't pretend it isn't being lazy.

4 years ago

Well the general populace arent no coding experts, so where exactly are we talking about putting that line of code?

4 years ago

In the pipe-highlight.lua file inside the mod zip file has a sequence of lines like this

end
    underground_marker_beams[#underground_marker_beams + 1] = marker_beams
end

It should read like this instead:

end
    marker_beams.light_animations = nil
    underground_marker_beams[#underground_marker_beams + 1] = marker_beams
end
4 years ago

No it has not.

4 years ago

That seems to have fixed it, thanks Omni!

4 years ago

This has been fixed in the latest version.

4 years ago

heh. I just showed up to check my notifications, and is redundant. @JohnnyBandit, I'm wasn't trying to advise anyone who doesn't already know how to write the relevant code on fixing this. I'll make sure I'm clearer about that.

I figure if I'm not willing to support people through trouble making that change, I shouldn't give them the half way version, and I'm not willing to do that support at this time.

4 years ago

@slippycheese - I figure that anybody who knows that a mod file is a zip and knows how to hunt through a lua file within that zip to change a few lines knows that they're doing so at their own risk. :-)

New response