Picker Pipe Tools

Adds tools to make fluid handling with pipes much better. -Orphan finder -Pipe cleaner (In Blueprint Menu) -Underground Pipe Highlighter Press <CTRL SHIFT P>(press again to toggle off) - Pipe Highlighter Verify connections by hovering over pipes. (Configurable in mod settings) -Pipe clamps Press <CTRL + R> on pipes, or use tool from Blueprint Menu (Like flow control but automatic) -Auto clamps (close proximity pipe laying without pipes connecting) toggle with /autoclamp or <CTRL SHIFT C> [Check mod startup settings for disabling certain parts of mod if you want QoL only]

Utilities
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Update for v0.17 please

5 years ago

Is there any chance you could update your mod for v0.17?

It would be greatly appreciated!

Nexela β˜†
5 years ago

When it is ready it will be

5 years ago

Yesssssssss! Thank you very much! <does small dance for joy>

5 years ago

Well, 7 days later, still nothing...

5 years ago

Indeed no version yet :(
I now see that Nexela is NOT the mod author, so I guess (s)he is just talking non-sense / guessing / hoping.

5 years ago

He is CO-author, but new system of 0.17 thats fluid mixing prevention - broke this mod hard, ive tryed to fix, but way too lazy to spend 2-3 days just to take on code then hotfix. I think i gonna give authors time before spending my own.

5 years ago

The game is currently crashing in relation to this mod. There's a bug report that's been filed and I am waiting for the fix to get this mod out. I have it currently ported to 0.17, but it hard crashes in certain cases.

5 years ago

Also, he's not talking nonsense. I correspond with him quite frequently.

5 years ago

Ok, mea culpa. I'm sorry if I was too blunt Nexela.

Good luck guys/girls!

5 years ago

Ported myself fixed graphics, but got hella errors when trying to get pipes close to eachother in a case of fluid mixing prevention that was announced in 0.17, also got errors when trying to unclamp pipes that are close to eachother when they got different fluids. Now i see that also have troubles with modded underground pipes. Well, good luck, i love this mod but seems too time consuming for me to fix myself.

5 years ago

Unfortunately, without this mod my base is going to be 100% damaged. All the pipes that are there now will connect somewhat randomly and completely mess up the whole layout.
So, you can't load v0.16 games without it.

5 years ago

Yep. As I said, I'm waiting for the bugfixes.

5 years ago

Well, i thini i know dirty workaround, i will release if i have time to test things, can i know what mod causes crash, i mean underground pipe one

5 years ago

Lol, it's this mod. There isn't a workaround without removing the clamped pipes which breaks the maps that use them. Again, I will release the update once the game is in a working state with it present in 0.17.

5 years ago

bug fixed in 17.17, waiting for your update!

5 years ago

Yep! I plan to have it today or tomorrow. Just updated my other pipe mod that was completely broken.

5 years ago

So, you are waiting for the Factorio devs to fix this bug?
Thanks for the efforts you put in to bring us the v0.17 update!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Yes, if stuff is broken, we can't update at all... If you still don't like it... go back to 0.16, no one said you had to play experimental, this is exactly the stuff you signed up for.

5 years ago

It looks like the second bug is no game breaker. The tools are useful without the pipe-clamping and clamped pipes from a loaded savegame work. So maybe add a warning to the description and a separate bug-discussion for the time being?

5 years ago

Yeah that's the plan for now.

5 years ago

Waiting for this awesome mod for 0.17 too!

5 years ago

Hey, any news about update, maybe you need some help?

5 years ago

sorry dont mean to pressure just also pumped for this mod to be out on .17 as well :D

5 years ago

Although clamping pipes are extremely useful, so is the visual overlay, and the visual overlay is what I'm missing most of all as it is what is most visible. :-)

5 years ago

i was personally referring to the visual overlay alone, in any BA run its super useful especially in seablock

5 years ago

The overlay alone so far beyond useful in combination with the Advanced Underground Pipes mod as well (that mod author had a 'fun' time breaking and bug reporting 0.17's new fluid system as well, though no factorio bugs with it in many minor versions now), and once the pipe clamping comes out then can compress builds better than ever with both! This mod is really amazingly useful for all of it's features so even just partial feature release is extremely useful. :-)

5 years ago

if the overlay is ready are you able to release that as a standalone mod, for the time being ?

5 years ago

Please release overlay as a standalone mod.

5 years ago

Dominik said gub\glitch already fixed and now mod need to work properly

New response