Picker Pipe Tools

Adds tools to make fluid handling with pipes much better. -Orphan finder -Pipe cleaner (In Blueprint Menu) -Underground Pipe Highlighter Press <CTRL SHIFT P>(press again to toggle off) - Pipe Highlighter Verify connections by hovering over pipes. (Configurable in mod settings) -Pipe clamps Press <CTRL + R> on pipes, or use tool from Blueprint Menu (Like flow control but automatic) -Auto clamps (close proximity pipe laying without pipes connecting) toggle with /autoclamp or <CTRL SHIFT C> [Check mod startup settings for disabling certain parts of mod if you want QoL only]

Utilities
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

b chem-lab setup issues[FIXED] v0.1.1

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

setup: placing four chemlabs set to lubricant next to each other in oil set up.
powered labs and supplied heavy oil to labs. attempting to hook up pipes results in auto-clamp thinking there is a fluid-mismatch. (nearby pipe has lubricant, but new pipe placement on next chem lab in the setup doesn't connect.... so you have to disable autoclamp in order to add machines to a pipe network.

5 years ago

Sounds like a feature and not a bug. Got a screenshot or snippet?

5 years ago

essentially, autoclamp prevents similar-fluid pipes from connecting to a chem lab that is outputting the same fluid.

5 years ago

if that is what it is supposed to do, sorry i mis-read the description

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

i understand it is supposed to prevent different fluids from connecting and mixing, but if the chem lab is outputting the same fluid as is in the pipe, it will still sometimes not connect properly, placing a pipe at a corner where a lab and a pipe meet connects the new pipe to the existing line, filling it with fluid, but won't connect to the lab (that is ALSO trying to output that same fluid). if however you first connect a single pipe to each of the chemlabs' outputs individually, and then go about joining them, they'll connect. but if a fluid pipe contains fluid and is one space away from a chem lab, sometimes placing a pipe won't connect the lab to the network. (even if they're the same fluid)

5 years ago

note that since the feature can be toggled, it's really a minor/non-issue, but i wasn't sure if it was intended to function this way or if it's a consequence of how lua/factorio works or is a bug?

5 years ago

Can you screenshot what you mean? I might be able to explain it better. Use snipping tool to cut.out the area that's doing it and upload to imgur or something.

5 years ago

Can you add me on discord? TheStaplergun 2.0#6920

5 years ago

Oh. I see.thats very strange I will look into this behavior.

5 years ago

After looking at it, I've realized this is due to it referencing fluidbox at index point 1, which likely isn't that output port, therefore making it think it doesn't match. I will look into the possibility of figuring out which port it's connecting to, but this may actually be unlikely.

5 years ago

This is fixed.

New response