Peppermint Mining

by Mylon

Mark ore with the Peppermint tool and construction bots will start mining it. Or enable Nougat Mining mode and it'll happen automatically!

Content
9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Mining Logistic network

g Question regarding ups impact

4 years ago

I've been using this mod in my current game, and I started noticing lag every few seconds once I marked a decently large patch of ore. Think about 20-30 miner size.

Looking at the update breakdown, it fluctuates between less than one, and up to 4 during ticks when the spike is high.
The bot network there is small, 2 ports and ~65 bots.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The largest UPS impact should be when you mark the ore and minimally afterwards.

Eventually I'll merge this with Nougat Mining so the mining mode is a configuration option. I'll revisit the mining logic when I do that to see if I can optimize it further.

4 years ago

I marked a larger area and increased the number of bots to ~500. UPS impact is actually quite severe right now. It spikes whenever another round of ore marking happens.

Are there any speed limits on how fast that happens? As it is right now, this is a bit cheaty. Maybe have a hard cap on the number of ores created based on the number of roboports nearby?

4 years ago

I almost forgot. The most likely culprit for the UPS hike was hazard lights selection tool - it was running a script on every single marked for decon event. Didn't test it after it was fixed yet, but I expect an improvment.

New response