Pacifist

by derpumu

This mod removes military tech, weapons, and ammo for an undistracted playthrough without biters. Compatible to a growing number of overhaul mods like Pyanodon's and Space Age.

Tweaks
3 months ago
1.1 - 2.1
1.63K
Combat Enemies

b [fixed] Can't place turrest on space platform

a year ago

Gun Turrets are no longer placeable on space platform.

They used to be, because I have several functioning ships flying around. However the ship I'm designing right now won't allow them to be placed.

Error is:"Physical projectile asteroid defense can't be built on this surface. The Asteroid density is too low."
Asteroid density in Nauvis orbit is 0ppm³ according to the space map, it's the same for all planets I have unlocked atm. (No Shattered planet, no solar system edge)

Required density according to item description is 0.001ppm³ - 100000ppm³

Same goes for laser and rocket turrets.

a year ago

Thank you for the report. Which version of Pacifist are you using? Have you recently upgraded Pacifist? Have you added any other mods?
I'll try to reproduce and fix it ASAP

a year ago
(updated a year ago)

I've disabled all of them one by one to figure out if it was pacifist :p

Latest version, or at least the thing isn't giving me the option to update.

Can I hand you my save somehow?

a year ago

If there's some way for you to upload it and give me the link, sure. I'll see that I find time tomorrow to reproduce it. I'll have to, or else I'll likely run into the same issue while streaming Monday 😅

a year ago

This might work, never used it before.

https://limewire.com/d/1fJSI#UpHsbKAoOr

a year ago

Thanks, the download worked. I can not reproduce the issue:
- I load your save, but only with space age, quality, elevated rails, and Pacifist enabled, all other mods are off.
- I select the NewEngineTime platform in Nauvis orbit
- I add a few space platform foundations and place gun turrets on them

Same when I load it with all mods in the save.
I am on Factorio 2.0.69, I tried with Pacifist 2.2.13, 2.2.12, 2.2.11 - no problems

a year ago

I was trying on newerenginertimer, but Ill have a try later today how you described.

a year ago

I'll try with that one, too. I have analyzed the relevant code and unless you have a platform that is not a space-age standard platform surface, I have no idea what may lead to the error.

a year ago
(updated a year ago)

I can reproduce it with newerenginertimer, also with the space science platform. Looking at the editor, those two surfaces are named platform-1 and platform-2. I gather that you are recycling your second platform for newerenginertimer? Did you add Pacifist to the game after those two were first built?

Update: I confirmed that on platforms that have been built before adding Pacifist to the game, you can currently not put down turrets as they do not have the asteroid density attribute assigned.

a year ago

I'm 90% sure this game was started with pacifist, because I never built defenses on Nauvis.

Could it be that property was introduced in a later pacifist version without migration?

This was indeed my first ever ship that I deleted everything but the hub from, shot it all down and started rebuilding for aquilo.

So the fix is shoot up a fresh platform?

a year ago

Pacifist 2.2.14 will add a migration to fix this (later today)

a year ago

Once again, the absolute speed of these updates :p

I havent even logged in between reporting and a fix being added to the timeline.

a year ago

I'm 90% sure this game was started with pacifist, because I never built defenses on Nauvis.

Could it be that property was introduced in a later pacifist version without migration?

Yes, the property has been introduced for compatibility with other planet mods in July. Given the size of your base you probably have started before that :-)

So the fix is shoot up a fresh platform?

Either that or wait an hour or two ;-)

This thread has been locked.