Pacifist

by derpumu

This mod removes military tech, weapons, and ammo for an undistracted playthrough without biters.

Tweaks
5 days ago
Combat Enemies Cheats

i [fixed] Invulnerability mod & compatability issue

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

I made a mod that makes the player invulnerable. If you want you can add it as optional dependency, as alternative for using shields. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/invulnerable

There's a different mod I'm working on, that's designed to simplify Factorio. Your Pacifist mod really fits well with that theme, but I ran into a small issue with your fluid-turret dummy using heavy oil, which my mod removes. As a result the game does not load. Currently I replace it in data-final-fixes.lua with the prototype below, but I thought you might want to use this prototype in your mod directly. It's a minimal amount of gibberish data that makes the game load without errors.

{
    type="fluid-turret",
    name="pacifist-dummy-fluid-turret",
    attack_parameters={
        type="stream",
        range=0,
        cooldown=0,
        ammo_type={
            category="melee",
        },
    },
    folded_animation={
        direction_count=1,
        size=1,
        filename="__base__/graphics/entity/flamethrower-turret/flamethrower-turret-gun-extension.png",
    },
    call_for_help_radius=0,
    fluid_buffer_size=0,
    fluid_buffer_input_flow=0,
    activation_buffer_ratio=1,
    fluid_box={
        pipe_connections={},
    },
    turret_base_has_direction=true,
}
7 months ago

Thanks, I'll add it to the list

6 months ago

I have added invulnerable as an optional dependency to Pacific. I can't promise I'll keep it there forever, as I plan also to add big overhaul mod packs there as those are what Pacific is intended for after all (at least that's my use case). I will, however, add a section in the mod portal description to have a look at invulnerable, as it really fits the theme I am going for.

Regarding the dummies, I have added an open issue to GitHub to boil all the dummies down to the required minimum to avoid problems like the one you have with your new mod. Don't hesitate to give me a PR for that one in case I am too slow for you ;-) keep me posted about your new mod, I'm interested to see what you come up with - I might add it to the "customers also downloaded..." section as well ;-)

6 months ago

The dummies are reduced to the bare minimum needed for Factorio to load the mod. I hope it suffices for your needs :-)

This thread has been locked.