Orbital Ion Cannon (Space Exploration Compatibility Edition)

by qwuin_

Launch orbital ion cannons with a rocket silo and call down the thunder on enemy nests. Cannons stay in orbit of the planet they were launched from. Target from the map with a shortcut-bar device, extend its reach with an orbital uplink and let radars pick off nests on their own. Works with Space Age and Space Exploration. Rewritten for Factorio 2.0 on Supercheese's original Orbital Ion Cannon (MIT).

Content
8 hours ago
2.0
625
Combat

g Licence violation

2 months ago

I noticed that your mod is based on my Factorio 2.0 port, which I published under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.

At the moment, your project is licensed as MIT, which is not compatible with the license of the code you derived from my work. You do not have permission to relicense my work under MIT.

Therefore, I request that you immediately remove the MIT license and replace it with the correct license reflecting the rights of the underlying work.

I also ask that you set the mod to Internal/Hidden on the Factorio Mod Portal and remove public access to the GitHub repository until the licensing issue has been resolved.

I do not wish to hinder your further development, so for the time being, I will not pursue the issue of publishing a derivative work under the ND clause any further. However, I reserve all rights and will monitor the future development of the project.

8 hours ago

Hi,

you are right, and I apologize. The 3.x versions were based on your Factorio 2.0 port, and I had no right to relicense your code under MIT. I wrote to you on May 11 to sort this out, but I did not get an answer at the time.

Here is what I have done:

  • Release 3.8.15 has been removed from the mod portal.
  • The old GitHub repository (qwuiiin/OrbitalIonCannon-SE) has been removed / made private.
  • Version 4.0.0 is a complete rewrite. It is built only on Supercheese's original Orbital Ion Cannon 1.8.2, which is MIT licensed, and it contains no code or assets from your port. It also no longer depends on Kux-CoreLib or Kux-GuiLib.
  • The new source, with its full history going back to Supercheese's MIT release, is here: https://github.com/qwuiiin/orbital-ion-cannon

Because 4.0.0 is no longer a derivative of your work, I will keep the mod public under the MIT license. If you find anything in 4.0.0 that you believe comes from your port, please tell me exactly what it is and I will look at it right away.

Thank you for raising this, and sorry again for the trouble.

New response