Natural Evolution Enemies

Adds new Enemies to the game. 5 new biters and 5 new spitters, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses. If you want a more of a challenge than what Vanilla can offer you... Compatible with Rampant and Bob's. Recommended to use with NE Buildings

Content
7 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Enemies

g [TODO] This mod causes multi-player lag

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

We play a 2-player LAN Factorio game. After testing we have determined that this mod causes severe lag to the computer joined to the MP game. The lag only occurs when the enemies are engaged which is attacking a base or nuking it. It is curious because sometimes there are only a few enemies left, and the game lags terribly until the last one is killed. When out of combat the game runs just fine. Once the enemies are engaged, FPS goes down to 1.x rates and becomes unplayable. The low FPS persists until all the engaged enemies are destroyed. When we disabled this mod, the game ran just fine in combat.

We also play with Bob's and a bunch of other mods, but just disabling this particular one resolved the MP lag. The hosting computer did not experience any lag when in combat. It was only the joined computer that has the problem.

Thanks for the great mods. I don't know if there is a fix for this particular issue.

4 years ago

I also have this issue, is there no way to reduce it except removing the mod? when engaged with the enemies the script uodate tuner jumps from 0.1xx to 5.xx or even 6.xx. What kind of scripts need to run that often?

4 years ago

Nothing?

Pi-C β˜†
4 years ago

Is this still an issue? I'm collaborating on this mod now, but I don't use multiplayer mode myself, so can't really test it.

4 years ago

Hello !
first thanks a lot for this mod ! All those differents bitters are great for increased difficulty.
I noticed that during lan playthrough (2 players, multiplayer hosted on one of the game machine) the mod generates UPS/FPS drops (from a solid 60/60 to a poor 20/20)
I was kind of able to reproduce that in single player :
during fights on ennemi bases (medium size : 8-12 spawners) with personal lasers, the lag occurs when ennemis dies in the same small area
This lag seems to be an entity update issue (mine specificly bump from 1.000 to 20.000)
I am suspecting the fire effect from the diying bitters

Hope you can investigate this, otherwise we will have to uninstall the mod
have a good day !

4 years ago

Hi, I've been testing this mod on multiplayer dedicated server. I am using https://mods.factorio.com/mod/7DaysToDie to setup an environment to test lag. If I play vanilla with 7DaysToDie-mod then I have no issues, but if I use this mod (NEE) then my UPS dips to ~14 during large attack waves and causes players to desync-disconnect.

I am connecting to my dedicated server with 10Gbps LAN and a 4.3Ghz Ryzen 2700X with 32GB 3.2GHz CL14 RAM. My system is not working hard during the time when FPS/UPS drops. I also suspect on death effects especially fire.

Could you point me to the code to disable this effect to test this theory?

4 years ago

hello all !
I just want to add something to the thread and nosteamintegration post. I think the "blood splatter" effect could also be a major factor (maybe even worse when effects stack up on the same area).
it remembers me a friday fact about particules improuvement by the devs, maybe it's something to investigate.

hope it can give you ideas in your research !

New response