Natural Evolution Enemies

Adds new Enemies to the game. 5 new biters and 5 new spitters, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses. If you want a more of a challenge than what Vanilla can offer you... Compatible with Rampant and Bob's. Recommended to use with NE Buildings

Content
7 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Enemies

g Beware! Can cause serious lag

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

With this mod is enabled when enemies die they drop small Alien Artifacts, If you have other mods that causes Bitters(And other thiongos) to attack each other, they will still drop these Small Alien Artifacts, thing is these Small artifacts can accumulate over time and cause serious lag issues.

If you have already have this problem here is a snip of code that will remove all entities on the ground, just hit the tidal key and paste the code in.

/c
for chunk in game.surfaces.nauvis.get_chunks() do
local top, left = chunk.x * 32, chunk.y * 32
local bottom, right = top + 32, left + 32
for _, ent in pairs(game.surfaces.nauvis.find_entities_filtered{area = {{top, left}, {bottom, right}}, name ="item-on-ground"}) do
if ent.stack then
ent.stack.clear()
end
end
end

7 years ago

Thanks for the post Senpai. The should be fixed in the latest version 6.1.1.
The code above will help those who might have the problem in an existing game before 6.1.1 was release.

You will still get small artifact drops, but only when you kill the biters. The "Civil War" issue should be fixed.
Let me know if you still have this issue past 6.1.1.
Thanks.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

So i did update the mod to the latest version and have played around 20 hours with it enabled, i still do take a performance hit after some time, i can tell its this mod causing it because when i disable it and load back into game everything runs smoothly, but when i enable it the game starts to slow down after some time. I cant say for sure but i think the small artifact drops are still the cause. that said you have made its easy to prevent the build up of these artifacts but over time it becomes a hassle and the game becomes to slow if left alone. Im not 100% sure of the cause and i also have alot of other mods installed so it may just be me. also thanks for the reply! i also love your mods! great work

7 years ago

Are you still experiencing lag after the release for Factorio 0.13.10?
They fixed the bug where biters were killing each other.

I don't see how the small artifact drops could be causing it, but if they are, build some Artifact collectors and clean up that mess :)

Remember that this mod does increase the total number of biters on the map substantially, so that could be causing you a little lag on your system. I'm not seeing it on my end though.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hey,
Is there a way to automate the creation of artifacts from small artifacts?
the only way i can do it is manually

NVM Found it.

5 years ago

Cool

5 years ago

Cool

5 years ago

I don't really feel any lag ingame, but the saves are very long : my computer seems to stop for a while before starting each save (progress bar stops at 0% for a long time. (I'm at 99,9% evolution post end game)
I believe it's from all the artifacts I didn't collect, even if I try to clean everything as much as I can. But my land starts to be huge.
It would be nice to have a sort of radar that could wipe all the map from the artifacts on demand (doing something like the code in the OP, I'll try it anyway).
BTW, tks for your awesome mod, I love it. Continue your hard work :-)

New response