Hi there!
I'm running a dedicated Factorio 2.0 server (headless, Linux) with a bunch of mods, and I've run into an issue that seems to be caused by Nanobots3.
The problem:
The server log is being spammed with the following warning, appearing every ~2 seconds per online player:
Script @stdlib2/stdlib/area/position.lua:589: WARNING: Area for Position not found in package.loaded
Mod versions:
- Nanobots3: 5.8.9
- stdlib2: 2.0.1
Server log example:
Sep 13 01:23:56 nsk-1-vm-n89e factorio[217804]: 2026-09-13 01:23:56 [JOIN] DFG. joined the game
Sep 13 01:23:58 nsk-1-vm-n89e factorio[217804]: 103.033 Script @stdlib2/stdlib/area/position.lua:589: WARNING: Area for Position not found in package.loaded
Sep 13 01:24:00 nsk-1-vm-n89e factorio[217804]: 105.033 Script @stdlib2/stdlib/area/position.lua:589: WARNING: Area for Position not found in package.loaded
Sep 13 01:24:06 nsk-1-vm-n89e factorio[217804]: 111.033 Script @stdlib2/stdlib/area/position.lua:589: WARNING: Area for Position not found in package.loaded
Sep 13 01:24:08 nsk-1-vm-n89e factorio[217804]: 113.034 Script @stdlib2/stdlib/area/position.lua:589: WARNING: Area for Position not found in package.loaded
What I've noticed:
- The warning fires roughly every 2 seconds per player. With 1 player online I get ~5 warnings in 10 seconds; with 2 players online — ~10 warnings in the same timeframe.
- Disabling Nanobots3 makes the warning disappear completely.
- The server itself keeps running fine — it's just the log spam that's the problem (makes it hard to read actual important messages).
Environment:
- Factorio 2.0 (Space Age), headless Linux server
- Ubuntu 26.04
- ~70 mods installed (full mod-list available if needed)
I'm not sure if this is a Nanobots3 issue or a stdlib2 compatibility issue with 2.0, so I'm reporting it here first. Would appreciate any advice on whether there's a fix or a workaround on my end.
Thanks for the mod and your work on it!