Nanobots: Early Bots 3.0


Personal construction nanobots with quality support - Enhanced Performance Edition Personal nanobots for construction, repair, and turret ammo delivery - no roboports needed! Features quality support, combat automation, statistics GUI, and megabase optimization. Fully compatible with Factorio 2.0 and Space Age.

Content
13 days ago
2.0 - 2.1
6.43K
Logistic network

b Crash when starting the game

a month ago

Hi there! I LOVE this mod like you wouldn't believe.
But, after trying 2.1 experimental (I'm still using it), I'm getting this crash error...
Failed to load mods: Nanobots3/data-updates.lua:14: attempt to index field 'tool' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Nanobots3/data-updates.lua:14: in function 'item_exists'
Nanobots3/data-updates.lua:24: in function 'safe_replace'
Nanobots3/data-updates.lua:52: in main chunk

I'll be around if you want me to try whatever. It's most likely some kind of incompatibility with another mod, right?... Ty for your time.

a month ago

Hi! Thanks again for the detailed report — and for the kind words!

I've just released Nanobots3 5.9.1 for Factorio 2.1 with a fix for this crash. The issue was in data-updates.lua: the prototype lookup wasn't safely handling prototype tables that may be missing.

5.9.1 is now available on the Mod Portal.

Since you're still running the 2.1 experimental build, I'd really appreciate it if you could update to 5.9.1 and let me know whether everything works correctly with your current mod setup.

Thanks for reporting it and for offering to help test the fix!

a month ago

Can confirm that everything runs smooth now! Ty so much for the quick fix deployment! Love to see it.

a month ago

Awesome! Really glad to hear everything is running smoothly now. Thanks for confirming the fix, and thanks again for taking the time to report the issue. Enjoy the mod! :)

New response