My Quick Start

by nm9311

This simple, minimalistic quick start mod enhances your Factorio experience by allowing you to choose from one of nine startup kits: Empty, Default, Default-militant, Tiny, Small, Medium, Big, Huge, or CUSTOM. You can select your preferred kit in the mod configuration settings. Additionally, you have the option to place items from the kit on one of your four quickbars or conduct some or all research in advance. The mod is multiplayer ready and supports quality items if that option is selected.

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 2.1
26.4K
Cheats

b unknown key

7 days ago

Got that message in the Per Player settings for solid fuel.
The fix is to go into settings.lua, line 156 (if using Notepad++) and change "entity" to "item".

Also get that for fish, but that category is "capsule" and I am not familiar with it so I won't touch it. I'm not a modder.

6 days ago

I will fix this. Just need some time...

a day ago

I also found two repeat entries, at lines 159 and 163. Both are "steel-plate". I changed one to "steel-chest".

a day ago

Oh, and...I know you are not responsible for other mods and that you aren't obligated to teach code but...I've added a crap ton of stuff to the list of things I start with. Things like artillery, roboports, an entire reactor facility, etc. I simply added code lines just like yours in the settings.lua, and then take a wild guess on whether that particular thing is an "item" or an "entity".
But of all the things I've added, there is one that refuses to shake off the "unknown key" error, and that is the Teleporter from the Teleporter mod by Klonan. I've tried entity, item, module and equipment. How the heck can you find out what the catagory of a thing is ahead of time such that you don't have to guess?

New response