Move Full Stacks

by Kingdud

Rather than revert to rediculously fast inserters this mod allows stack inserters to grab whole stacks at a time. There are three upgrade levels, the first for grabbing stacks of 50 (so, generally, an entire stack of ore in one rotation). The next is for stacks of 100, and 200. All three researches require space science. The Factorio Mod API doesn't allow changing the base capacity of an inserter, so ALL stack inserters will get this upgrade. This is a limitation of the game. Sorry.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

g scripting

3 years ago

you can use scripting to only upgrade the stack size of certain inserters
just check if a technology is researched and then set the property on all inserters

3 years ago

This does not appear to be true. I can't find any patch note references to stack size being a property of the entity definition for an inserter. Stack size appears to remain a global property.

3 years ago

sorry, my method was a bit wrong, but it's still possible

just set
inserter.inserter_stack_size_override for all inserters that are NOT full stack inserters to whatever the limit is from the tech tree

https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaEntity.html#LuaEntity.inserter_stack_size_override

3 years ago

Huh. Interesting. I'll think about it; but for now, I think I'll leave the mod as-is. Mostly because I don't want to disrupt existing save games using this mod with a new build chain, etc. If I was going to use this feature I'd have a new inserter that was far more expensive to build (because, ya know, lifting 200 iron plates is no small feat) than current inserters. I don't wanna torture people with that as a change to this mod.

3 years ago

Makes sense to me

New response