More Ammo

Adds more Ammo types and their crafting Recipes for your Weapons! +Specials for Space Exploration

Content
6 months ago
Combat Enemies Manufacturing

g Custom Values

6 months ago

Would it be possible to alter this mod so WE the players can adjust the cost, BPM (bullets per magazine) and damage ourselves in the mod settings?
This would make it so someone that wants a more "hardcore" experience can up the cost or lower the damage and someone else who wants a more "derp" experience can up the damage or increase BPM. Also very handy if you want to tweak settings for a private server.

6 months ago

Yup, I can do that, but could take a bit to code publish the update

6 months ago

that would be awesome, very much appreciated!
I think many would like this change.

6 months ago

Hey there X_man,
How is it going? Hopefully everything is working nicely with the coding. Or are you stumbling on some issues?
Very excited for this change!

6 months ago

Settings for changing the BPM are working as expected.
On the other hand, the settings to adjust the damage to every ammo type, only works for the Ammo I add, I had some kind of error when trying to change the vanilla damage values...

I only need to do some locales now, so I'd say the update will come out today

6 months ago

That is great to hear, wow, you work fast!
I'm glad you are not hitting some coding nightmare, and about the damage adjusting not working for the vanilla ammo, that is not problem. I think we wouldn't expect that this mod would let us change the values of vanilla ammo too. But of course if you feel like making this adjustable too then more power to you. I myself are already very impressed and grateful that we will be able to adjust your added ammo.

I think it's amazing that even for a game that has been out for a long time now, there are still mod creators active that are open to suggestions and are actively making, updating or changing mods. So I am happy to announce, that you have been accepted to the Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters! XD

6 months ago

You might want to check out the new mod update that just dropped ;)
Let me know if you spot an error or something.

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

I'm downloading it now..

I'll do some testing and get back to you if everything works or if I find errors..
and again.. thanks for doing this!

EDIT:
I wanted to suggest that you add (for Space Exploration mod only) behind the settings for the Waterice, Cryonite, Iridium, Vulcanite, Beryllium, Naquium ammo or maybe (only if this is possible and you are willing) a setting to disable or enable (probably as a start up setting) the options to see/change the Space exploration ammo.. this so people do not get confused and ask/tell you a million times "WHERE IS THA AMMO" "CANNOT CREATE AMMO".. We all know some people are stupid or do not care to read things.

Also, a question, just to be sure I got this right..
You have a setting for the magazine size for the extended magazines. These are default "2". I'm guessing that if I tell (just for testing) that normal magazine of that type is 100 BPM then extended version will be 200? Because the multiplier is X2 and it is looking at the value you set for the normal magazine?

6 months ago

-- ALSO NOTE WORTHY --
For anyone that might read this (and maybe could be mentioned in the info tab) that his ammo is locked behind military 3 (red, green blue and black science packs.) So it's a around mid-game ammo.. and I just deleted all my saves and started from scratch XD, so I have to do some wizardry to start testing it.

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

Ok.. so.. in map editor I spawned in the items so they where ready to test out. I altered some values to see if that worked:

Fire Magazine [set to 100 BpM] damage set to 15 -------- Worked
Extended Fire Magazine had 200 BpM [multiplier set to 2] so it worked as I thought.

Explosive Magazine [set to 15 BpM] damage set to 25. ----- Worked
Extended Magazine also had double BpM (30) and the same amount of damage.---Worked

Acid Magazine [set to 55 BpM] damage set to 91.---Worked
Extended Magazine also had double BpM (110) and the same amount of damage. ---Worked

All Base game ammo tested.. Adjusting damage and BpM worked..
Also tested if all new "reloaded" magazine data was correct and it stayed correct.

I'll do some more testing tomorrow.
EDIT: I also wanted to note that I can see damage numbers pop up when attacking enemies and these where the correctly set numbers. I did not just test the tooltip but actual combat damage as well.

Suggestion to X_man..
Would it be possible (because I saw there was no crafting cost settings) to add a setting with a dropdown menu that let's us pick how much crafting cost.
option 1: Normal cost (2 iron plates) and 1 empty magazine
option 2: Double cost (4 iron plates) and 1 empty magazine
option 3: Triple cost (6 iron plates) and 1 empty magazine

Also I noticed that we now need to craft empty magazines and empty shotgun shells BEFORE we can craft ammo, even for the base game ammo. This will increase ammo cost. Now I might have overlooked it, but if not, Is there a tiny change you can add a tickbox that will enable/disable having to craft empty magazines and shells?

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

Found out that the uranium Shotgun shells do not work with bullet trails mod, all other magazines and shells do.
Also, Normal Shotgun shells and Piercing Shotgun Shells both have pellets that spread. Normal shells have 12 pellets x damage. Piercing shells have 16 pellets x damage. However, Uranium Shotgun shells do not have any pellets.

I tested this with all 3 shells and the normal/ piercing shells damaged multiple targets that where in the "blast range" of the pellets. uranium shells did nothing like that and just killed one Biter and left others near it intact.

I do not know if you added the uranium shells or altered them. but compared to the other shells, the uranium shells are broken.
If Piercing shells add 4 more pellets (12 >> 16), then uranium should add another 4 more (20 pellets).

EDIT: This is how I made my edits to the ammo count and damage. I placed the ammo in the order how real ammo works (damage wise and price)
I treated the "special" ammo as Elemental magazines that are higher then the regular set of ammo. For shotgun shells I made a comment and took the liberty to assume that Uranium shells have/get 20 pellets, else I will change this later. This is just info for people who want to "balance" the ammo or have a starting point to start changing things. I hope that X_man has treated the ammo order in the same way (FMJ, Soft, Hollow, Piercing, Elemental) regarding research, have not checked that yet.

IMAGE: https://ibb.co/ZcBMLv2

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

Disregard the note I made on shotguns with the 1.5X damage over rifles. I remembered they shoot pellets and added that, but forgot to take away the 1.5x damage section.. XD

-- BUG FOUND--
https://ibb.co/kXr9R6T
https://ibb.co/v3X8JWR
https://ibb.co/khnrWPd
https://ibb.co/M1Pbg1q

Here you can see that the tooltip of the base game ammo is not reflecting the settings put in the mod. Did some more testing this morning and found these bugs.. yesterday I tested the base game ammo and that works, damage does not..

Damage of the ADDED ammo is correct and working including damage.

New response