MSP - 30 new Science Packs

Play with 30 new science packs and a new technology tree (if omniLib enabled) that adds efficiency tech to the various science packs. This mod is not an extension to lovely_santa's mod by a similar name. It adds 30 science packs but they are all pretty inexpensive. A TON of customization exists for the mod and individual packs can be disabled. Mod integration engine designed to add pack types to entire tech tree (only applies to technology that can be traced back to vanilla tech). Optional inclusion of omniLib enables new tech tree that unlocks various levels of efficiency tiers for each pack that will auto-update machines when research completes.

4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18

b Ore science - incorrect yield

4 years ago

The ore science recipe ignores the setting to modify yield. I have the config set to 1, the recipe outputs 5. All other packs appear to work correctly.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

MSP1 result count is overriden by difficulty setting when omniLib is present.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

MSP1 is a unique case.
There are eight difficulty settings (easiest to hardest). Normal difficulty is "4". MSP1 ignores the result count setting and will give 9-(difficulty) packs per craft when omniLib is present for it's "0-level" efficiency... the one available at beginning of game...and possibly be modified further, depending on what version of MSP is installed.
-groans-
It's...what you see isn't a "bug"..it's more like..i didn't document the settings well enough to explain how things interact.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

i'll add this to the list of stuff to update / clarify. It may actually be simpler just to make it work the same as all the other techs (MSP1 be unlocked by red science). something i've considered for awhile. would knock out a few birds with one stone

4 years ago

so i think (and forgive me if i'm wrong. i haven't had much time for factorio lately), that the most recent public release still has it set up so the actual minimum the pack will output if enabled is 2 packs per craft (hardest difficulty). Then based on what the "Result count is" and what the difficulty setting is set at, and what version of the efficiency-formula was in place it probably increases by "2" or "3" for each level i believe.

New response