More Science

Changes the science pack recipes, take it to the next level. Just so it isn't always the same boring vanilla recipes...

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

b [Fixed] Unable to research battery

4 years ago

I am using the complete set of bob-angels mods. When I try to research battery, that is not possible due to missing prereqisites.

Looking at the ingame tech tree, every prerequisite is researched (that is palstics + sulphur processing), but it is still listed as red.

To make sure that there are no other conflicts, I removed everything but Bobs and angel mods.

4 years ago

Thanks for the report, i'll look into it.

4 years ago

Just a little hint if you have not had the time to look at it yet. The problematic prerequisite is "lead-processing", which is from one of bobs mods.
Since angels smelting replaces this technology, my suggestion would be to use "angels-lead-smelting-1" instead.

4 years ago

Oh, I didn't notice the bobs ones wheren't removed. If you got other cases, feel free to mension them.
Also, I might add this to the tech tree cleanup: remove prerequisites that are hidden, so this case of researches have all visible prerequisites, but behind the scenes have some hidden ones.

4 years ago

lovely_santa, I'm wondering if you have an ETA on the fix to this? I'm really enjoying your mod, but just got to the battery wall as well.

4 years ago

I am looking to clean up the tech tree to remove all hidden technologies, and all technologies that do not exist, this should fix any of issues like this.

4 years ago

I released an update to the LSlib that should take care of this issue. If this does not resolve it for some reason, can you provide me a save file (for example on github) that I can sync my mods to to test your specific case?

Kind regards
lovely_santa

4 years ago

Thanks. I will update and check

4 years ago

It does not appear to work. Can you PM me where I should drop the save file?

4 years ago

You can upload it on github, or upload it to wetransfer or something and give me the download link?

4 years ago

Sorry for the delay. It's uploaded now.

4 years ago

Thanks, I'll have a look this or next week (have an exam on friday)

4 years ago

I fixed it, the issue was that the research depended on bobs lead processing, while that was disabled. Updating the library to the latest version will solve this.

4 years ago

lovely_santa, I am still running on 0.17 since I don't want to risk breaking my save. I have unfortunately found that the advanced logistics science pack technology also appears to have an invisible pre-req using Angel/Bob/Clown/etc. Is that something that was found and patched already, or is it a new bug?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

tldr -- I think that even with very complex and delicate mods OR large quantities of blueprints you are afraid of possibly losing OR both, your chances of any problems migrating to v0.18 are very remote. PM me if you wanna chat by text or on Discord, I might even be able to walk you through the process of literally guaranteeing no loss of savefile or blueprint progress, which I've become rather proficient at for reasons that I hint at in my longer message below.

lovely_santa, I am still running on 0.17 since I don't want to risk breaking my save.

I'm aware that my comment doesn't answer your question, and I get annoyed when I pose a question and receive a seemingly unhelpful reply like the one I'm about to give. So, just understand that I'm genuine and not trying to be sarcastic.

I can report that v0.18.16 is very reliable, and I'm not aware of any savefile breakage, despite the fact that I manage at least four different mod-loadouts (I float between several saves for various reasons, each one with its own special set of mods, and use the sync-to-save function to change which mods are loading.) I can report from personal experience that the mod "Configurable quick start" (that's an exact quote including case sensitive, there are a few other mods with false-positive name searches) can run fine in v0.17, and also runs fine in v0.18, but throws a very obscure error ONLY WHEN loading in v0.18 a savefile that was created in v0.17, which I reported here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/quickstart/discussion/5e3f55fc215b8f000cfc8859

Note that within that thread on this website, there is also a link to where that mod author posted on the forum to the devs, which has not been responded to yet and probably never will (because of how obscure the use-case is.) Note that as long as the "Configurable quick start" mod is used in v0.18 gameplay on a map that was originally created in v0.18 then there's no problem. For my own purposes, since that mod is only useful to me at game start and I don't use it during gameplay once I spawn into a new map for the first time, for my own purposes I just leave the mod disabled (but kept updated on my system) and only manually enable it for initial game creation and that's it.

I understand that this is a long winded tangent, but I think it's relevant here to describe the fact that that's the only save-breakage I've personally experienced in v0.18, and only the third save-break ever in my four years of playing Factorio -- with the most recent one before this the break in v0.17 when they changed the science recipes around, and that one is reversible with mods anyway.

Conclusion: I sincerely think that there's little-if-any danger of breaking your save. As a bonus, I volunteer to help you troubleshoot your own scenario if you would appreciate the help in migrating to v0.18, as I also occasionally bounce between Factorio versions and I have gotten rather proficient at preventing savefile or blueprint data losses. In fact, just today, I reverted first to v0.14, then to v0.16, then back to v0.18 when I was done, all to use a blueprint string that I found in a forum post dating from 2016 for a pet project of mine. PM me and maybe we can talk on discord.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I just investigated, and it looks like it's not your problem. I have madclown01's nuclear add-on installed which blows away the Kovarex enrichment technology that's a pre-req for pink. I can work around it by selectively turning mods on and off.

Thanks for the reply, Roland. The main concern I have WRT save-breaking isn't the save so much as I have a heavily modded game, and I am not sure all of the mod authors have updated to 0.18+. I have a build I really am enjoying, and want to ensure I can finish the game before I update with a new mod build for the next challenge.

4 years ago

You should report that to madclowns mod then nitrah.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Well, his mod changes the way you develop uranium, and adding Kovarex back in would defeat the purpose.

IF you want to add in cross-compatibility, an appropriate technology to replace Kovarex is "Advanced Centrifuging 2", but certainly don't do it for me. I will turn off his mod, research Kovarex and pink science from your mod, then turn his mod back on and eat the lost beakers. Another madclown compatibility issue is he adds a garden mutation tech post nuclear. That needs blue and green tech which the natural resources lab doesn't have slots for.

4 years ago

When I have time, i'll have a look, but currently full time working on angels mods...

New response