Momo +(30)Science Mod deprecated

Add more complex crafting for science. An overhaul mod make for 30 new Science Pack(MSP) Bob's, Angel's. Reintroduce Bob'sExtended Item. >> Include MOD PACK <<

4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

b Major (and bonus minor) 30 MSP integration bug

5 years ago

When "Use angel's chemistry machine" and "Include 30 More Science Packs Mod (extreme)" are both checked in the settings, the recipes for the accumulator chips and atc using the science packs are added as expected, however there are two bugs:

Firstly, the recipes are uncraftable by any means, thus rendering the game entirely unplayable. I tracked this down and discovered that the recipes, which have 5-8 ingredients, are being added to angel's chemical plants, which all accept a maximum of 4 ingredients, and so the recipes are left with no valid machine in which to be crafted. I fixed this by adding 4 lines of code to data-final-fixes.lua to change the ingredient_count of the angels machines to 5, 6, 8, and 8 respectively, which is sufficient to prevent any lockups.

Secondly, with much less game-breaking potential: the above 6 recipes are all unlocked from the start of the game. I tracked this one down too, and it turns out the find_tech function on line 34 of sci30extreme.lua is erroneously returning true no matter how it is invoked, rather than returning the tech name matching the present comments. I couldn't quite figure out exactly what was going on with that function though so I just bootlegged it by manually setting the tech from the comment, and that works for my purposes.

Really looking forward to getting MSP and AngelBob working together, just thought I'd share the minor snags I've had here.

Thanks for the mod!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

There I was... spending the last hour debugging the same exact issue so I could find the same fix and come here to report it just ... to have been reported 1 hour ago :)

Another issue is with localization but that might not be the mods fault. If we look for the accumulators in FNEI, it doesnt return a result. If we look for b1 (the internal name), it shows up... weird...

5 years ago

I thought the ingredients limit was remove entirely from version 0.17 so I remove the code to increase limit but it still there all the time. let me fix

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

for me FNEI look more weird, It just give up to show item name

For the unlock issue let me see your MSP-1, MSP-2, MSP-3, MSP-4 unlock tech
It should put the recipe in one of those tech.

5 years ago

Weird, for me, once I increased the limit, it start showing up correctly in FNEI...

The ingredients limit was not removed from the game. It was the configuration on some machines that was removed, like the assembly machines. The option still exist and mods can and will probably keep using it.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

So I updated to 0.17.3 just now, and the unlock bug still seems to persisting (I do have a lot of mods installed so I'm happy to accept it could possibly be some sort of conflict). The issue isn't one of lack of availability, but the fact that it's unlocked from the start, as seen here. https://puu.sh/CYqT3/d1190b3376.png

My two cents is that it looks like instead of returning the tech name, find_tech() is returning "true" which is being picked up by your createRecipe() function to just unlock it from the start, but I could be wrong.

Machines are totally fixed though, thanks :)

EDIT: I'm also experiencing the same bugs with FNEI, even with the changed limits. Not sure what's up with that, could be FNEI handling custom crafting categories poorly? I haven't noticed it with anything else certainly and that's all I can pick apart as a fundamental difference between these recipes and others.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

The FNEI seems to not display names that don't fit (at least that's an explanation that fits my observation). It does on the right panel, but doesn't on the left. Probably an issue with the new gui system (I've seen others related to clipping, so I wouldn't be surprised). I don't know how to resize that window however.
On the plus side at least it has a tooltip with a name when you hover over it.

I'm inclined to believe that it's a more general problem because it happens with a few items from pyanodon too (conincidentally, ones with longer names...).

5 years ago

About the find_tech() issue... the problem is caused by MSP with omnilibrary.

With omnilibrary, the "more-science-pack-..." recipes are removed and replaced with omnilibrary version with their own research so it can implement the productivity researchs.

Removed omnilibrary and everything fall correctly into place.

So... maybe do a second search for the omnilibrary recipes in case the search for the default ones fails?
Another option is enable the "Include legacy recipes", and this will create the normal recipes that Momos is looking for and solve the problem but it has two issues:
- Forces the player to change the recipe in the assembler to the omnilibrary when the productivity recipe is unlocked
- Currently crashes the (at least my) game.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

after I saw pic of [qpmz234] this issue cause by Omnilibrary
I remember I put to do list a long time ago and completely forget about it.
I will add option for force insert recipe into technology

5 years ago

So... I just made a new pack with only bob's/angels/msp and omnilib to be sure of this....

Your first accumulator, when omnilib is present, is unlocked on Automation-2 technology. But this tech, requires green science packs and the green packs require... you guessed it!

New response