Molten Metals

by yokmp

Ores now need to be molten and casted.

Content
2 years ago
Manufacturing

g heat pipe smelting

1 year, 11 months ago

what if you could use excess heat from your nuclear setup to melt down ores or other means of making heat like a solar heater from another mod
in short a smelting oven that uses the heat from heat pipes for better efficiency in making smelting down metal ores

also love this mod
angels mods unfortunately doesn't work with the mods that I like playing with

1 year, 11 months ago

I can add an additional smelter which uses heat as energy source

Angels Refining works fine with this mod but the casting mod doesn't. I haven't tried all angel mods but i don't see a problem in using them together.

1 year, 11 months ago

oh no I meant the mods I like playing with I often play with kastorio and space exploration but angels doesn't work with either I think I don't remember
but id love to see the heat pipe smelter

1 year, 10 months ago

I mean yeah, you can just add heat energy source but I would think it would be a better idea to use another method of getting heat (for example:
MT-heaters (has own molten stuff), plutonium energy, concentrated-solar-power and similar mods

1 year, 10 months ago

I mean yea but that would be up to the player what they want in their playthrough I haven't played with those mods before personally but with heat pipe smelting it gives us the options to use any kind of mods that adds ways of making heat due to the nature of mods being un predicable maybe there could be some kind of heat temp bonus of some kind like the hotter the faster it smelts and or like a productivity bonus of some kind

space exploration you can use energy beaming with a massive solar panel setup next to the sun to power pretty much anything you want with 1gw stuff
can do the same with the antimatter from that mod

or the realistic fusion power mod any mod really that adds a different way to make and use heat

New response