Modular Charge Packs

Adds exchangeable battery packs that can be used to power your modular equipment

Utilities
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Armor Power

g Enable portable charging

6 years ago

To let the charge packs recharge while in your suit you need to open chargepack.lua and change the input flow rate from 0MW to what you want. I used 500KW and 1MW for the small and large packs respectively. You also need to change usage_priority to "terciary" to enable charging.

If you don't want portable charging I'd recommend greatly increasing the capacity of the batteries and the energy requirements of the 'furnace', otherwise you're going to be making a lot of trips

3 years ago

Just in case anyone else is wanting to do this, terciary was corrected to tertiary in Version 0.17.0

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

That's the idea of the mod - these arn't "batteries" that you just recharge. They are energy packs you place in until they drain.
They are an imperfect solution to the problem of powering your suits, alowing for higher-drain work while still not being "click and forget".

I balanced the size around the amount of batteries that go into crafting them, with a little loss (they are still smaller in-gride than the batteries involved).

If you want to be using them, expect to take a few extra packs along with you.
If you just want larger batteries, there are other mods for that.

This thread has been locked.