Mining Space Industries deprecated

This is a story driven mod, like a campaign with lots of challenges, now enhanced with Space Exploration. Your team was hired by MSi (Mining Space Industries) with a purpose: extract mineral riches from a distant planet. But you had a terrible accident when landing. Will you be able to accomplish the task you were hired for?

3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Game with K2 / SE and MSI

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello,

i just play this with 10-fold research....
Its a nice game but recently i found a not so funny topic in it.

around the Big-pollutions spwaner when the light gets blotted out there are some placed (suspected by your mod) spawned biter....
The big pollution spwaner were no problem as i hade parked 4 artillery wagons which had a quick glance at it and then it was gone .-)
It came out of the blue and is not really defendable, as they spawn from time to time right inside my turret arrays and on the wrong side of the fortifications (granted its a point of view :-) ).
I back up much of what i can, but in the end in my back is my factory so there is limited space to give.
I have included the repair turrets, shielded turrets to just keep my factory running and to be destroid
I find it ok if there spawn some biters which tunnels to me, but i find it somewhat unfair as it is....
I would also more prefer it that you have somewhat reasonable outside or at an certain marked location inside (sized wormhole) to have a clue where they are come from, because i had troubles at first to check where they are from. I even would like to have more spawned in this manner just that when i have a clue whats going on.

Also i would tell the player something more of this as a warning and maybe a maker on the map.

So then i take the oportunity to write more points i have seen.( if they are as intended no problem, but i would take it in considereations)....

• for the above spawned biters some adjustment which spawned/available biters could be advised
    -> i have included also the explosive biters mod and just this one are wrecking my defenses, when such a biter is spwaned right inside my defenses, because when its killed (and its pretty fast killed as my lazers a mighty and numerous) it explodes and takes with it some of the glorious turrets and from there its a fast downward slope
    -> to be complete i have also added the armoured and cold biters, but with these my defences can cope

• also in addtion to the blotting out of the sun
    -> i have also included a windpower mod (beside AAI has a small windgenerator) which keeped me afloat at this time because i had some in storage which i placed fast as i can
    -> you may considering such a workaround for your desired effect (maybe also lower the efficiency of windpower ?)

• You provide some research pots/cards when looking into the wreck.
    -> It its just a hint its ok in this manner, but if you want to directly progress in the game with the amound of cards priovided then you should make an option to resize this amount to the set research amount (ie. in my game i have set it for 10 fold so in an option one could set the amount 10 fold also for this mod)
    -> you may also check other research related topics in you mod with such a option

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

double post - sorry

3 years ago

As you said, you suspect this mod is spawning monsters inside your base. Sorry to disapoint you, but it is not me (at least if you are not using "portals" mod). So wasn't me. Good idea for wind power nerf.

3 years ago

thanks for the answer....

So you saying to me : whelp deal with it :-)

I play indeedwith the portals mod as advised.
If it so could you line out the progress /durations of the intursions?

3 years ago

thanks for the answer....

So you saying to me : whelp deal with it :-)

I play indeedwith the portals mod as advised.
If it so could you line out the progress /durations of the intursions?

About portals, well, invasions are totally random... So if you left an open portal somewhere inside your base, not defended, biters will love it. But you are alerted when that happens....

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

its a very frustrating play now, just mending my base till running out of resources

i have not recieved a warning for now - so where can read it ?

anyway one can't defend this when spawing directly into wall and turrets whcih seems a instakill

edit :
you said open portal.....
How do i find the portal and how to close it (plaster it with concrete, or make a magenticfield preventing opening)?

I try without portals and hope this is savlageable

New response