Mining Space Industries deprecated

This is a story driven mod, like a campaign with lots of challenges, now enhanced with Space Exploration. Your team was hired by MSi (Mining Space Industries) with a purpose: extract mineral riches from a distant planet. But you had a terrible accident when landing. Will you be able to accomplish the task you were hired for?

3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Stuck very early with science

3 years ago

I'm at the very beginning of new game.
ships laboratory repaired.
generator repaired
All red science done - including electrical laboratory
but green science ist not enabled...
actual mission
"Congratulations scientists! The lab has been repaired! To start our research our technologies, we now need to use this lab to research Laboratory [technology=laboratory], so we can build new ones."

no idea what to do now... what is the trigger for this mission ?

thanks for your help

3 years ago

I guess you should research Laboratory to be able to craft the nornal ones

3 years ago

Same problem. At the beginning of the game I already have one lab on burning fuel and I already researched "Laboratory" tech when I repair lab from this mod.

3 years ago

The solution is a create new game and don't do any research before complete "repair lab" quest. In my mods I have only MSI, space exploration, recommended mods. I think the beginner lab is need to be cut from starter resources to avoid that bug.

3 years ago

I am having this same issue. having to restart is pretty lame.

3 years ago

Same problem. At the beginning of the game I already have one lab on burning fuel and I already researched "Laboratory" tech when I repair lab from this mod.

Same issue here, is there anything I can do without restarting a new game?

3 years ago

I will work on this when i have time. but not now, as i'm developing / testing msi2

3 years ago

I am stuck with the same issue, would a quick'n dirty workaround be possible? Like every time the game loads it checks if that tech is researched?

3 years ago

Did anyone manage to perchance find a workaround for this issue?

3 years ago

Please try msi2 until i fix this problem

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

For anyone still trying the mod, I've found a work-around. Six and a half hours in when I repaired the lab. -.-

Undo all your researches by typing

/c for playername, tech in pairs(game.player.force.technologies) do tech.researched=false game.player.force.set_saved_technology_progress(tech,0) end

and then researching electric lab again.

Force undoing only the lab research by /c game.player.force.technologies["electric-lab"].researched = false
and then researching it again does NOT advance the story, probably because the initial laboratory tech for burner labs is ALSO called electric lab, at least in my game. If in your game the tech is indeed called "Laboratory" or whatever the mission notes say, undoing only that tech may work.

The next mission is to research radar, so you're probably better off un-researching all techs.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

For anyone still trying the mod, I've found a work-around. Six and a half hours in when I repaired the lab. -.-

Undo all your researches by typing

/c for playername, tech in pairs(game.player.force.technologies) do tech.researched=false game.player.force.set_saved_technology_progress(tech,0) end

and then researching the first lab tech again.

Force undoing only the lab research by /c game.player.force.technologies["electric-lab"].researched = false
and then researching it again does NOT advance the story, probably because the initial laboratory tech for burner labs is ALSO called electric lab, at least in my game. If in your game the tech is indeed called "Laboratory" or whatever the mission notes say, undoing only that tech MAY work, BUT the next mission is to research radar, so you're probably better off un-researching all techs.

EDIT: Meant to edit first post, not quote it.

New response