Mining Space Industries deprecated

This is a story driven mod, like a campaign with lots of challenges, now enhanced with Space Exploration. Your team was hired by MSi (Mining Space Industries) with a purpose: extract mineral riches from a distant planet. But you had a terrible accident when landing. Will you be able to accomplish the task you were hired for?

3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Portal Gun & Hal

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I think the research for the portal gun didn't unlock for me. I believe it was my fault because I didn't have portals installed when Glados said she unlocked the research. I thought it was checked but noticed it wasn't way later.

Is there any way to know what planet Hal will be on? I have sent 2 satellites and found 2 planets. I have looked around in the satellite view and haven't found him. The first planet's radius is around ~5000 and the second is around ~7000. I have the first planet explored (with satellite view) at around 60% I'm guessing. The second maybe 5%. This is getting really tedious especially because I get around 25 ups/fps when uncovering new terrain. My computer is really old. I can't even enable high resolution graphics. Is he a certain distance from the planets center like the other crash sites on Nauvis? Any help would be nice. I really don't want to uncover 100% of both planets or maybe more planets just to advance the quest. I also checked 2 moons and didn't find him. I reloaded after checking the moons because satellite launches are really expensive. Thanks in advance.

4 years ago

Hi, you dont need to explore the whole planet. You just have to open the surface once you discover a new one.
You need to open about 8 planets with aliens on them. Keep sendind satellites and opening the new planet discovered so the surface is created. Then the mission will tell you what planet HAL is in.
About portals, probably the cause was really the mod was intalled after

4 years ago

Thanks for the help. The quest advanced and told me where Hal was after the 5th satellite I think. I lost count. Since I have the portal alien invasion research showing up I am going to try giving myself the portal gun through the console since it can't be built. Hopefully that won't break anything. I am really enjoying the campaign. I have put around 115 hours in my save. Great campaign!!

4 years ago

Thanks ModifiedShopkeep. Just saw your donation! Thanks very much! =) Glad to see you are enjoying the mod.
Have in mind that the portal gun cannot teleport you from planets... only on very late game this tech will be unlocked.
the command for your portal gun is: /c game.forces["player"].technologies['portals'].enabled
this will unlock the tech for you to research it. Use this to avoid breaking things. Also, backup often.
Have a great game

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ok thanks. I wasn't expecting it to go between planets at all. That is a neat feature. I have been making backups. I have lost too much progress in games due to crashes etc. I am used to making backups. Thanks for the reminder though.

I just tried the command and it is reporting cannot execute command syntax error near <eof> when I enter it into the console. I copy and pasted from your post. In my technology list I have 2 technologies locked that say they will unlock with story and 3 relating to portals. Reduce risk of invasion, eliminate risk of invasion, and interplanetary travel with portals. This is a single player game and when I run the /admins command my name shows up. So I'm guessing I have admin rights. I started a new game to check if the command would work and it said the same thing. I was thinking installing portals late might be it.

Edit: I figured it out. After some trail and error I found out I had to enter into the console:
/c game.forces["player"].technologies['portals'].enabled = true

New response