Mining Space Industries deprecated

This is a story driven mod, like a campaign with lots of challenges, now enhanced with Space Exploration. Your team was hired by MSi (Mining Space Industries) with a purpose: extract mineral riches from a distant planet. But you had a terrible accident when landing. Will you be able to accomplish the task you were hired for?

3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Exploding assemblers are dumb

4 years ago

My experience with Freeman's Assembling machine is that they explode. I place one down, it explodes, leaves a ghost, and then robots start placing them over and over, and before I can react another 10 has exploded. This isn't fun.

I go to the region where they can be built. And how do I figure out how big the region I can build them in is? Read the source code? No, place them down till they explode. Of course who remembers to turn of the personal roboport? Whops there's another 5 assemblers blowing up on the same spot placed down by robots. This isn't fun.

Lo and behold, what do I find. The region isn't square, but circular in shape. And thus the task of marking down where they can and cannot be placed is hours of fiddling instead of a minute or two placing down concrete in a square. This isn't fun.

And then after I spent an hour or so building a module production within the allowed circle using those fancy freeman assemblers, and then bring a train line down there with a loading and unloading station for green, red, and blue circuits. I finally get to marvel my work as the belts of chips feed into these freeman assemblers. Only to see them all explode a minute later. Wrong location for the recipe it said. This isn't fun.

The insidious ways these assemblers punish players is astounding. Having them explode when not placed within the invisible bounds of the allowed areas add nothing but frustration, having them explode only after you've built the supply line of materials to them is down right evil. Why are the bounds invisible? It's trivial to render them.

4 years ago

You are right, mate. I must find a way to make it better. Sorry

4 years ago

Would placing ghost hazzard tiles own by another force (neutral) allow the area to be marked out

4 years ago

I was thinking using the rendering functionality to render the regions when you're holding one of the freeman assemblers in the hand (there's an event for cursor stack changed). As for being less evil, how about clearing the recipe instead of exploding the assembler?

4 years ago

When you try to place a rocket pad outside of its zone you get a message and it put back into your inventory

4 years ago

I will make the assembler non operable if distant. I think it solves the problem

4 years ago

Version released

New response