Mining Space Industries deprecated

This is a story driven mod, like a campaign with lots of challenges, now enhanced with Space Exploration. Your team was hired by MSi (Mining Space Industries) with a purpose: extract mineral riches from a distant planet. But you had a terrible accident when landing. Will you be able to accomplish the task you were hired for?

3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Non-recoverable error with latest Space Exploration version installed

4 years ago

The latest update to Space Exploration - version 0.1.102 seems to have broken this mod. I get the unrecoverable error below when I load my game.

Error while running event Mining-Space-Industries::on_nth_tick(33)
Mining-Space-Industries/integration_se.lua:636: attempt to index local 'surface' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Mining-Space-Industries/integration_se.lua:636: in function 'get_new_surface_settings'
Mining-Space-Industries/control.lua:3151: in function <Mining-Space-Industries/control.lua:3138>

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Please tell me the planet or surface you had discovered and openned in the satellite uplink. If you send me a printscreen of your satellite uplink (with planet names) and with your mission control panel, that would help fixing the problem.

4 years ago

I haven't gotten off Nauvis or even launched my first rocket yet and the error will not let me load my save file.

4 years ago

Do you have any other mods that creates other surfaces ?

4 years ago

Just Alien Biomes which is required by Space Exploration

4 years ago

Cant figure what happened.. can u share your save?

4 years ago

With the help of copious amounts of whiskey and infinite patience, it turns out the culprit was the BluePrint Extensions mod I had installed. I am sincerely sorry if I have wasted your time with this matter. The only error I was presented with was the one siting MSI as the offender. This is a great mod, that I feel adds a needed element to gameplay - keep up the good work and thank you for all your help.

4 years ago

In fact, the real cuplrit is MSI. BluePrint Extensions probably creates other surface, and MSI is thinking you are discovering a new planet from Space Exploration... I have asked Earendel for some functions to check if the surface is Space Exploration related, and maybe soon I will fix this problem. Thanks for reporting it here.

New response