Loot Chest UPS

by ptx0

UPS friendly, Space Exploration-centric fork of LootChestPlus. Supports all loot added to entity prototype (TheDeadBurn, Alien Loot Economy, Bobenemies). Attempts to accumulate uncollected loot in a game-engine-friendly manner. Adds Multi-Surface support for SE, allowing you to make things easier or harder.

Content
2 years ago
Logistics

i ModMash resources & intermediates

1 year, 11 months ago

Hey would u be able to include this/that mod for compatibility ?

Pi-C β˜†
1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

Hi! I'm not quite sure what you want. Loot chests should pick up any loot already -- no matter what items, no matter which mod added these items, as long as they have been assigned as loot to turrets (aka worms), units, or unit spawners.

After just a short glimpse at ModMash R&I, it seems that the mod will register the new things as legitimate loot. However, this requires the remote interface from ModMash Splinter, Loot. Do you have that mod installed?

1 year, 11 months ago

no not loot one

1 year, 11 months ago

thanks for your time and help.

1 year, 11 months ago

Hi! I'm not quite sure what you want. Loot chests should pick up any loot already -- no matter what items, no matter which mod added these items, as long as they have been assigned as loot to turrets (aka worms), units, or unit spawners.

I where referring to this as it seems the loot mod is not doing much about the loot
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697564089907675219/977952224573546526/unknown.png

Pi-C β˜†
1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

OK, I've tried LootChestUPS together with modmashsplinter and modmashsplinterresources. The prototypes (units, spawners, turrets) etc. have loot, and when I placed a loot chest and went on a killing spree, I've found some Alien Ore (made by modmashsplinterresources) in the chest. For some reason, that also worked without modmashloot.

You can check the prototypes by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+E in the game. This will open the prototype browser, where you can use CTRL+F to open the search field. Enter "unit" there, and click on "entity" in the list view. Then, open the properties of any prototype and look for the "loot" field. Expand the view for more details. I see there 2 items: Alien ore will be spawned with a probability of 0.09, Alien artifacts with a probability of 0.0045.

For testing, I'd recommend you start a new game with the map setting "Loot drop when no chest placed" turned off (loot will be accumulated in the hidden list). Then go around killing enemies and use the command /LC-show-hidden-storage every once in a while, to see if any loot has accumulated. It may take a while (chances for loot are 9% and 0.45% each time you kill something), but there should be something eventually.

1 year, 11 months ago

thanks that's all i need to know.

New response