Linked Assembling Machines

by Inkvi0

Adds a 'linked' variant of every crafting machine. A linked machine pulls the ingredients of its recipe straight out of the LinkedChestAndPipe shared area and pushes finished products back into it, so no inserters or belts are needed.

Content
a month ago
2.0 - 2.1
148
Logistics Storage Cheats

g 2.1 support

a month ago

I would love to try it, can you make it 2.1 ready though?

a month ago

That’s it – please let me know if there are any bugs.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)
  1. After placing assembler and setting up the recipe I'mm unable to set production limit. You need to close and reopen the machine to limit appear.
  2. Oil refineries and chemical plants do not pull fluids from shared area. They don't push fluids as well.
  3. Empty barrels recipes seem to be working for some time and getting stuck, with 0 as a limit for barrels. It happens with 2.4k empty barrels in the system, if that helps.
  4. Testing in a vanilla run (no SA), would love to give it a go in BA if I confirm it's playable. Tried /cheat in BA, seems to be ok.
a month ago

1, 3 - fixed
As for the second point, it is technically difficult to implement, and there are currently no plans to implement it. You can just use the connected pipes.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Let's break down oil processing into three distinct factories.

  1. Takes oil and water. Produces heavy oil, with a limit of 200 barrels. It also produces light oil and petroleum gas, with limits of 0, since they are just leftovers.
  2. Takes heavy oil and water. Produces light oil, with a limit of 200 barrels.
    ...

Do you see where I'm going with this? Sometimes, you need to set different production limits for the same item in different factories. In the current state of the mod, that's impossible.

One more thing: I’d like to see an option to define the default production limit as either a fixed value or a stack size.

Another one: uranium processing. So that's the first recipe one with multiple solid outputs, I can set the limit just for U-235. There's no way this mod can be easily used in BA or Py... I guess you can solve it by letting the user pick the item he wants to be the main recipe's output (you already have the button there, just let us pick one of the outputs).

So far it's working great. I'm waiting for you yo fix these issues to be able to stress test the mod with some beacons.

I just checked the ups stats. I'm at blue science and the mod is taking a lot of updates already. To be honest it does not look good...

New response