Lighted Electric Poles +

by Optera

Adds a copy of every electric pole, including modded ones, with integrated lamp.

Content
11 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Power

i Settings to replace rather than copy

6 years ago

I'd like to see a setting that replaces all power poles after the research to the lighted version, with the exception of the wood power pole. That way all power poles require a light to be made and there aren't unlighted duplicates either.

This would mean that the power poles instead of requiring their unlighted counterpart would inherit the costs of the original to make, and if the original makes 2 with its materials it would duplicate the light cost to make two lighted poles with those materials, but I think only the wood pole makes two with one material cost so.

Problem is that I already have tons of things filling up my construction menus and I'd like to cut down on it. There's no point in me making non-lighted poles unless I'm still using crappy wood poles after all, so it'd be nice to have it disable the recipe for all poles that it replaces with the replace setting.

I'm not entirely sure, I'm not hugely experienced with LUA but I -might- be able to do something like this if you would like the help, up to you though.

I'll try and check back here, but you can always poke me in the Factorio Discord listed at the bottom of all my mod pages.

5 years ago

I like this. I prefer replacement.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Adding lights to all existing poles is simpler than creating new lighted variants. However that switch would basically switch between two different mods.

A mod adding light to all existing poles seems to already exist here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/inbuilt_lighting

New response