Lane Balancer (continued)

Evenly balances input & output lanes on a belt. Like a splitter, but for the lanes on a single belt. New added features: - Filtered balancing. - Can be managed through logic & logistic networks for enabling/disabling & filtering. ** Looks for skilled graphix designer to build new HR sprite for mod. **

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

g [solved] Stops working after save load + crash

4 years ago

After loading my save the lane balancers stopped working and had to be replaced , after replacing my filtered lane balancer and exiting the menu after i've set the filter it crashes and outputs this :
Error while running event LaneBalancer::on_gui_closed (ID 85)
LaneBalancer/BalancerClass.lua:231: attempt to index field 'outDevice' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
LaneBalancer/BalancerClass.lua:231: in function 'UpdateFilters'
LaneBalancer/eventsHandler.lua:68: in function <LaneBalancer/eventsHandler.lua:60>

4 years ago

Hello,
Could you please confirm that you use release 1.0.8 of LaneBalancer?

4 years ago

Sorry for the late reply , i am using the 1.0.8 version . I checked the version with file explorer and the in-game factorio mod tab

4 years ago

Ok, so I do not understand what could be the cause of this issue. "outDevice" is checked for nil value just before line 231.
In the meantime could you please try to setup filters only when a balancer is setup with in AND out valid devices and let me know if error fire again.

4 years ago

I did as you asked and made a video showcasing it ; https://streamable.com/2yeicw

4 years ago

Many thanks for that. In fact error occured when you "copy" LaneBalancer and then set filter. Am I right?

4 years ago

If i put a lane balancer alone , without another existing in the world , it still crashes. using q or ctrl+c or alt+b doesn't change the outcome

4 years ago

Ok, thanks for reporting, will check that ASAP in detail.

4 years ago

Issue has been trapped in code thanks to your report. Will post a fix soon.

4 years ago

Should be fixed in 1.0.9
When trying to set filters for any unconnected LaneBalancer you will get a warning message but game will no longer crash anyway. Therefore just add in and out devices, validate filters again and it should work.

4 years ago

It stops working after save and load for me; I wonder if its because I have bob's adjustable inserter's mod also since i see the inserter menu when i click on the balancer

4 years ago

Actually just saving and loading doesnt seem to be an issue...I think the problem originates from changing the list of active mods

4 years ago

Same problem here, just loaded my game and the balancers weren't working. I didn't change the list of active mods or anything. They just stopped working. Removing them and putting them back fixes it, but that really sucks. My base is still small so it wasn't hard but this is not gonna be good once it's bigger.

3 years ago

Yeah I just used this with 1.0 and after loading the save, the balancers stopped working. GG savegame.. well I was playing too much factorio anyways.

3 years ago

Same here, doesn't work on save load, and doesn't work when placed with bots either.

3 years ago

still doesnt work when you load a save

3 years ago

I am fairly new to this but have the same problem with the lane balancers not resuming upon load.

I started a game, saved the game, installed the mod (it is the only mod I have installed), loaded the game and started using lane balancers, saved the game, and finally loaded the game.

3 years ago

Should be solved in 1.2. Please report here in case of remaining issues.

3 years ago

Seems to be resolved! Thank you!

3 years ago

TY for feedback!

This thread has been locked.