Lane Balancer (continued)

Evenly balances input & output lanes on a belt. Like a splitter, but for the lanes on a single belt. New added features: - Filtered balancing. - Can be managed through logic & logistic networks for enabling/disabling & filtering. ** Looks for skilled graphix designer to build new HR sprite for mod. **

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

g Sideloading a belt using a balancer stops if one input lane is empty

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Title.

Basically if you're side-loading a belt and one lane of the input empties, the balancer stops pulling from the other lane until more stuff fills the empty lane. Doesn't happen when the balancer is inline.
Image: https://imgur.com/a/etTkXJT

EDIT: forgot to label this as Bug. Whoops!
EDIT2: Thinking about it, is this a feature? Based off the preview image this seems intentional to back-and-forth 2 different items in a single lane. If that's the case, nevermind then. There are other configurations I can use if I ever think one of my lanes might empty.

4 years ago

Hi Brat,
This is actually not a bug but defined by design in code so work as intended. Using a balancer that way is to exactly alternate items on a single belt line. When you use 2 constructs like that you can have 4 differents items usable on a single belt. Anyway I personnaly never used that function so if you have another suggestion we can discuss about.
Regards.

4 years ago

Ah, no. I can definitely see as use case for this feature, such as mixed belts of science, and since you added circuit network compatibility it will absolutely be used in place of the more complicated splitter-based mixed belts. Like I said there are other arrangements I could use to make it function like I want, for example moving the balancer back one tile.

This thread has been locked.