LTN Tracker

by eduran

A GUI for LTN. Displays information about LTN stops, available items and trains controlled by LTN.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17
Trains

g Mixed item delivery help

4 years ago

I'm playing seablock and want to make an LTN delivery that is a random mix of 6 different geodes. The only way I could think of to make this work in LTN was to make a circuit that reports the contents of the chest at both the LTN provider station and LTN requester station as all blue geodes (it's a simple circuit counts * and outputs blue geodes).

This seems to work, but it hits an alert LTN Tracker alert every delivery for "incorrect cargo loaded at provider" because LTN Tracker apparently knows the actual items loaded and not just what I'm reporting with the circuits. Any ideas how I could handle this differently either in LTN or within LTN Tracker such that the delivery won't trigger an alert?

4 years ago

Maybe I can help you. Need a little bit more information. What do you mean with a random mix of 6 different items? What is the different between this and a request of the 6 items as usually?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I have a machine that produces 6 different geodes. I dump them all into one train station. I want that train station to provide "geodes" but I don't really care which one. I want a station elsewhere in my base to accept geodes. Again, I don't care which. They all do pretty much the same thing (they all get sent to a sorter and get crushed by a crusher running the appropriate crushing recipe.

Which is why they're all mixed. And why I can use my almost solution to just convert the chest signal from a mix of 6 different geodes into a signal of just blue geodes of the amount of all the geodes in the whole chest. Which works fine for LTN but triggers an LTN alert every time since the pickup items don't match the expected pickup items because it picks up a mix of geodes instead of what it was expecting which was all blue geodes.

What is the different between this and a request of the 6 items as usually?

I want one train to deliver multiple geodes and be sent when there are enough geodes for a full trains worth and then drop off its random assortment of geodes to the requester station.

4 years ago

Hmm. If you put all geodes as signals in one provider and one requester station, one train would accept all geodes, cause it´s in one station. But the train would only deliver it if the minimum is reached, yes. You could count all geodes and turn the station (or the LTN-Chest?) on if the value of a full train is reached. If you can swith on/off the station (or LTN) you can use the normal provider/requester signal with all geodes and a minium of 0 Items for each geode. Maybe that works.

4 years ago

Maybe I'm not fully understanding your suggesting, but it still can't get LTN to arrive at the station expecting a delivery of multiple types of items simultaneously, right?

You could count all geodes and turn the station (or the LTN-Chest?) on if the value of a full train is reached.

That is kinda similar to the solution I'm already doing, except I just count all the geodes and reports them to LTN as blue geodes, which takes care of everything except that it triggers an LTN Tracker alert when LTN Tracker realizes the trains actual contents aren't just blue geodes.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Maybe I'm not fully understanding your suggesting, but it still can't get LTN to arrive at the station expecting a delivery of multiple types of items simultaneously, right?

Oh no, that works. If you provide and request multiple items in ONE station (oc one requester station and one provider station) , LTN will send a train to deliver all items at one time.

That is kinda similar to the solution I'm already doing, except I just count all the geodes and reports them to LTN as blue geodes, which takes care of everything except that it triggers an LTN Tracker alert when LTN Tracker realizes the trains actual contents aren't just blue geodes.

Yes, cause of this error I would try to turn on/off the station and request/provide the different geodes.

New response