LTN Combinator Modernized

Add a combinator with friendly GUI to manage LTN Control Signals for each LTN Train Stop

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Trains Circuit network

i Compatibility with cargo-ships

1 year, 7 months ago

I'm playing a game with LTN and https://mods.factorio.com/mod/cargo-ships

This works just fine but placing the LTN Combinator is inconvenient since it requires a land tile. I wonder if you could support a floating version (placable on water) of the entity when cargo-ships is installed?

1 year, 7 months ago

I've never played with cargo-ships, so I took a look.

I'm not opposed to the idea and, I would want to do it in a way that meshes well with the gameplay. It seems that with a port you'd be near land anyway. Other combinators used for logic, inserters, to load and unload, etc... Don't all these things require land too?

I'm not sure I see a large advantage to allowing this single tile entity to be placed on water. Again, I don't play carg-ships and may not see the use case.

1 year, 6 months ago

I tend to place the combinator directly next to the stop while the land the inserters are placed on is some tiles away. It just looks nicer with fewer wires going all over the place to the stop.

I also use a refueling mod so the depot stops don't need any land and are in the middle of the ocean. Except for the combinator to set the depot signal. But maybe this should be solved in the cargo-ships mod...

New response