Crash-Site Logistics Center

A logistics center was recovered from the crashed space ship. It could be modified to help you build your base.

Content
8 months ago
Logistics

i [SCHEDULED] Suggestion on multiforces

10 months ago

I want to preference this with saying i do not know how modding for Factorio or Lua code works so I'm sorry if this is a silly idea.

However i was wondering if you could use something similar to the circuit networks different channels to have the logistic centers run on different channels with different databases. If setting it up with teams automatically is not possible or easy could an idea be setting a channel by either using a rename funktion like the vehicles or setting a combination of filter/circuit signals similar to a combiner interface.

Once more I'm not sure it's possiblity or code limitations but it's just a suggestion i thought off whilst looking throught the mod. However it's a good mod that I'm enjoying already so thanks for making/mentianing it ^-^

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

This is possible in principle but I have developed the mod especially for singleplayer and space splace exploration so that you have a more comfortable start. as long as only a few items have to be transported.
But i'm already working on an extension to support multiple surfaces, so multiple forces would also be possible, it's the same principle. i'll take it into account. The disadvantage of the whole item transfer principle is the speed. The more items have to be transported, the more cpu power is needed, because the transport is not handled by the factorio mechanics. This has an even stronger effect in multiplayer. Above a certain number of items, this solution is no longer efficient enough.

see also: Item Network (same principle of Logistics Center, but realtiv new, so some features are still missing)

10 months ago

Alright i see thank you for taking the time to explain it to me

New response