Krastorio 2 Rocket Fuel in Advanced Chemical Plant

Minor modification to allow advanced chemical plants to perform fuel refinement, atmospheric condensation, electrolysis, and filtration. Also added crushing recipes (sand and imersite powder) to advanced assembling machines. Requires Krastorio 2. Compatible with Space Exploration.

Tweaks
8 months ago
Fluids Manufacturing

i Oil cracking in ACP? -- added

3 years ago

Since Advanced Chemical Plants are endgame building with very high craft speed, even singularity beaconed vanilla oil refineries struggle to keep up. I think it would be thematically appropriate to enable oil cracking in ACP's as an option as well.

3 years ago

Since Advanced Chemical Plants are endgame building with very high craft speed, even singularity beaconed vanilla oil refineries struggle to keep up. I think it would be thematically appropriate to enable oil cracking in ACP's as an option as well.

Hmm... you have a point. A fully beaconed (normal and singularity) and moduled setup ratio is something not far from 45:2:6 (CO:HO-LO:LO-PG) when using refineries and advanced chem plants. However, this would add even more recipes to the chemical plants and it already feels very crowded (especially when using a recipe scaler needed for fully beaconed advanced buildings). Perhaps when K2 releases the new version that negates the need for recipe scaling (mentioned as part of the next release a few months ago), it will make more sense. The ideal option would of course be to have an Advanced Refinery, similar to how the ideal solution would be an Advanced Crusher rather than adding the recipes to the advanced assembler.

I could create these other advanced buildings (probably similar to FE+'s advanced versions), but it would mean I need to do a lot more maintenance when K2 updates. It is not something I'm unwilling to do, I'm just unsure how much time I'll have for that.

3 years ago

I think finding particular recipe in a very crowded Advanced ChemPlant is less work than making (and keeping up to date) separate Advanced refinery. Shrug

New response