Krastorio Legacy deprecated

Caution!!! Krastorio 2 is now available! Therefore Krastorio Legacy is no longer supported! This mod expands the endgame, adds 30+ HR buildings, 60+ technologies, new ores, new items and rebalances almost all vanilla game content, making it harder.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Krastorio + Industrial Revolution == Infinite ores

4 years ago

With Krastorio + Industrial Revolution you can create infinite matter (and thus infinite ore and infinite energy) any number of ways with productivity modules and matter conversion. In the example below, I'll use the Industrial Revolution recipes, but using Krastorio recipes with productivity modules I think you can do the same thing doing with an oil/sulfer/matter loop.

For example, start with 100 iron ore. Crush it using 2 productivity modules to get 120 crushed ore (+20%). Wash it with 4 prod modules to turn your 120 crushed ore into 168 refined iron (+40%) (plus some chrome and titanium). Powder it to turn your 168 iron into 201 powder (+20%). Turning the 201 powder into matter will yield 168 matter (-20%). Convert that 168 matter back into the original iron ore and you now have 252 raw iron ore (+50%).

So even though you only started with 100 raw iron ore, you now have 252 raw iron ore - more than double your input! Repeat this process over and over an you have infinite iron ore. And you also have infinite matter, which you can convert to many other ore/fluids, giving you infinite resources.

Even without productivity modules you would still get a net gain of +30% + the byproducts. Copper uses the exact same math and you can do something similar with copper, oil+sulfer, tin, gold, etc. The only thing that you lose is electricity, but since you now have infinite ore (and thus infinite matter) you also have infinite energy (either using a matter reactor, or a nuclear reactor by converting some of your infinite matter into uranium. Another thing to consider is that you end up with way more chrome/titanium/ruby/etc than you could ever use, so you either need to keep making bins to store them or make some intermediate products and utilize some incinerators.

The end result is that resources become meaningless. Once I realized that I never have to look for another resource I decided to limit my use of these infinite resource loops. I liked Angel's infinite ores because the infinite ore was just a trickle, so growing the base still required hacking through some biters and seeking new resources on occasion, but you didn't have to completely disassemble every outpost. With Krastorio's infinite ores, you just plop down more ore/matter conversion blocks and pretend that mines and pumpjacks don't exist.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

I will look better in K2 but is very difficult balance all matter conversion with other mods, so the result is not grant. Anyway conversion cost energy, is free because u have a consolidated energy production, matter will never be perfect balanced because with many recipe is very easy do this things, but do it for many assemblers cost much energy.

New response