Krastorio Legacy deprecated

Caution!!! Krastorio 2 is now available! Therefore Krastorio Legacy is no longer supported! This mod expands the endgame, adds 30+ HR buildings, 60+ technologies, new ores, new items and rebalances almost all vanilla game content, making it harder.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

b Possible Issue with adding IR to a base - steel is incompatible and mining research just 1

4 years ago

Hi,

I have made a 140K SPM base with about 164 rocket launches "per second" - except of course not in real time.
Even the Nitrado server went to his knees.

I then tore the whole setup down and wanted to redo the base with focus on staying within 60 UPS.
I also wanted to add IR, but without a complete restart of the game.

I know it might not be the best idea to do this. I ran into 2 issues.

First is that there is IR steel and Krastorio steel and they are not compatible.
This results in IR steel to get carried away by bots - I did not figure out where, but its neither request boxes nor storage boxes - the additional steel also does not show in the network inventory.

Second would be that while I reached (somewhat proud) mining productivity of 264 in Krastorio - after the installation of IR the costs for this tech went from about 12M science to just one science.

With the dawn of the very exciting Krastorio 2 mod, I bet there will be not much time from the developers to look into such issues.

Krastorio was the reason I bought Factorio and it was a very interesting journey to learn the game. A big thank to the devs for so much amazing and free work, support and implementation with mods like IR.

I am really looking forward to Krastorio 2 and if there are any new updates or sneak previews - please let us know.

Thank you!!

JR

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

I need better info. IR steel and Krastorio steel is compatible and I have test it many time, what are u talking about more precise? I need a way to reproduce bugs, maybe screenshot if u can't figure it with words, and info on modpack.
If u have added IR in a existing gameplay, this is not supported from both mods in both direction.

99% Krastorio 2 will support IR, maybe not at launch but for sure not too later.
Unfortunately no information about will be aviable before 1 month, probably 2020

New response