Krastorio Legacy deprecated

Caution!!! Krastorio 2 is now available! Therefore Krastorio Legacy is no longer supported! This mod expands the endgame, adds 30+ HR buildings, 60+ technologies, new ores, new items and rebalances almost all vanilla game content, making it harder.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

b [Fixed] Awesome mod. Just one thing...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I've been playing with both Krastorio and Industrial Revolution and I'm loving it! I really really like all of the cool mid-game and end-game changes that Krastorio adds. Very interested ideas for the data science and such. Just one thing though, today Industrial Revolution was updated and now I'm getting this error on start-up:

"Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, item-subgroup with name 'ore-products' does not exist.

Source: enriched-iron (recipe).

Mods to be disabled:
- Krastorio"

I posted it on Industrial Revolution's discussion as well in case it has something to do with both mods, but I figured I'd go ahead and report it since both mods have typically played very well together, until today sadly.

Edit: here's the link to the discussion over on Industrial Revolution's page. Looks like a last-minute change broke Krastorio's dependence on one of its subgroups which no longer exists: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/IndustrialRevolution/discussion/5d9f64747f55ec000c662077

4 years ago

I made a quick-n'-dirty little edit to the Krastorio files and got it to work, though I'm not sure if I ended up breaking anything. But the game loads and my old save game loaded up just fine. here's what I did in case anyone else wants to try and get it to work with IR until Krastorio is potentially updated:

Go into the file found in: Krastorio_1.4.35.zip\Krastorio_1.4.35\compatibility-scripts\data-updates\IndustrialRevolution
Open the file: IndustrialRevolution-order.lua
Change the following value: "ore-products" to "raw-material"
Do this on 4 separate lines (if you've got a code editor of some sort): lines 51, 57, 122 and 123
Save and re-zip or re-pack the mod

Hopefully that doesn't break anything too badly, haha.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

Fixed, I put it in gravels and non handed recipes, isn't a science in what category place it in this case but is the right recipe group

4 years ago

You're awesome, thank you

New response