Krastorio Legacy deprecated

Caution!!! Krastorio 2 is now available! Therefore Krastorio Legacy is no longer supported! This mod expands the endgame, adds 30+ HR buildings, 60+ technologies, new ores, new items and rebalances almost all vanilla game content, making it harder.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Ore processing with Krastorio+IR

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

A couple of questions about ore processing with both Krastorio and IR enabled:

1) Titanium and tantalum ores produced in Krastorio from menarite/imersite processing can't be fed into IR's ore processing steps - they can't be crushed, refined, or powdered. Is this by design? Refined titanium is in IR, but its produced as a byproduct of iron refining (this is the only way to get titanium if you don't have Krastorio installed). The refined titanium can then be powdered for more efficiency. But with Krastorio installed there's no connection between raw titanium ore (from menarite/imersite processing) and the refined versions. This seems strange to the player (or at least to me). Tantalum also can't be refined/powdered for the same reasons.

Maybe this is by design because you think refining/powdering titanium and tantalum are too powerful. But I actually think the reverse is true. In previous Krastorio games I always found myself using way more titanium than menarite, so a way to make titanium smelting more efficient would have been very welcome. Allowing raw titanium (and tantalum) to be refined/powdered would do this.

2) I'm not sure if Krastorio's iron/copper enrichment process is well balanced with IR's ore processing steps. It seems too powerful. But maybe I'm missing something.

If I have my math right, the ore efficiency tiers with Krastorio + IR are:

1 ingot per raw ore if unprocessed
1.2 ingots per raw ore if crushed (IR)
1.5 ingots per raw ore if crushed+refined (IR), PLUS useful byproducts (titanium and chromium, in the case of iron) & dirty water
2 ingots per raw ore if crushed+refined+powdered (IR), plus the refined ore byproducts & dirty water
2 ingots per raw ore if enriched (Krastorio), plus dirty water but no titanium/chromium

Krastorio enriching, on paper, seems overpowered. It requires only one step and gets the max ore efficiency. It therefore requires a lot less power, space, and materials to set up and run. It does require sulfuric acid, but not that much. And it doesn't produce titanium or chromium, but in Krastorio you get plenty of titanium from menarite/imersite processing so that's not necessarily a big drawback (I don't have a sense yet of how much chromium you need).

Thanks as always for your work on the mod, and in particular for the work on IR compatibility. The mods go great together.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

Is not overpowdered is different:
pros:
- is more valuable than pure ore and unlockable in same tec level...

cons:
- need sulfuric acid
- need chemical plant
- don't give subproducts
- ...but less than powder ore
- could be done only for copper and iron

Maybe is not overpowered is nerfed...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I suspected you'd say that about enriching, and you're probably right. I need to experiment with the processing options more as I get further up the tech tree.

What do you think about titanium/tantalum processing.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The two mod was be merged in many aspects, for work together not to be one, probably titanium of IR is more convenient, depend on how is played the game, but not all is balanced, is different methods, is ur choise

4 years ago

Another suggestion - with IR installed, rich rocks processing should probably give some tin (and maybe some lead and chromium).

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

From rich rock u can already get iron and coper ore that are ancestors of child products

New response