Krastorio Legacy deprecated

Caution!!! Krastorio 2 is now available! Therefore Krastorio Legacy is no longer supported! This mod expands the endgame, adds 30+ HR buildings, 60+ technologies, new ores, new items and rebalances almost all vanilla game content, making it harder.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Questions about Deadlock's Industrial Revolution and SE - when in endgame, what's next?

4 years ago

Hello,

the latest updates of Krastorio work on the compatibility to Deadlock's Industrial Revolution mod.

The mod does not show up under that name when I search. Could someone please link to it?

Could someone how is playing it please elaborate a bit on the gameplay?

In Krastorio, which was my first play through ever in Factorio I am reaching slowly some sort of "endgame".
I build a base which needs 2K of mater cubes and produces about 5.5k sciences per minute and launches about 5 rockets per minute from 4 launchpads.
The research is at mining productivity 80 and it looks like reaching mining productivity 500 is a real long-term goal with a lot of mining capacity.
It also means that the time of rebuilding and restructuring and redesigning is coming to an end.

So I am looking to either try out the Industrial Revolution, which seems to have "period" areas or go Space Exploration.

Space Exploration is very tempting, however as the mod blocks all teleport mods, I wonder how players are managing movement around large bases?

Thank to the creators, this has been an amazing playtime so far!

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

Deadlock's Industrial Revolution (DIR) isn't linkable because isn't released yet, is a mod that overhaul the game (in an amazing manner) with many new (unreal) graphics and mechanics and is placed in the early-mid game. Krastorio and SE is a good way to get an expanded endgame, very long... Krastorio with DIR will give a longer and beautiful early-mid game with a new mechanics and Krastorio will expand the endgame, that is an excellent synergy. Unfortunatelly I can't guarantee in next months Krastorio + DIR + SE (I hope will be possible if all will collaborate, I work well with Deadlock, but Earendel is very busy, I don't know how much will care us), anyway I not recommend all for now, choise DIR or SE

4 years ago

as for moving around with huge bases with SE, i have seen a few people (myself included) use the Aircraft mod to fly around easier/faster

Linver β˜†
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I use helicopter mod. Anyway if u have more than one exoskeleton mk3, u will be a plane with feets

4 years ago

Also note that if you're using SE, you can basically do "data edit" from anywhere. So you can change a combinator's content or a requester chest's filter from absolutely anywhere. For that reason, you don't actually have to "move around" as much as you would otherwise.

Otherwise, for long distances, Aircraft + Autodrive (or trains with a lot of motors if you're a purist) is what you're looking for. You could also board a rocket and ride along.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago
4 years ago

Thank you for the explanations and also the link to DIR (it does not show on google search, so it might be great to attach the link to the changelog?)

DIR looks pretty badass and I think it will be a super-combo with Krastorio.
Thank you guys for working so hard on the compatibility.

My next playthrough will definitely be this combination.
Hopefully by that time, SE will be also usable as expansion.

Very exciting! Thank you!

New response