Krastorio Legacy deprecated

Caution!!! Krastorio 2 is now available! Therefore Krastorio Legacy is no longer supported! This mod expands the endgame, adds 30+ HR buildings, 60+ technologies, new ores, new items and rebalances almost all vanilla game content, making it harder.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Filtration Plantss

4 years ago

Love the mod! Any chance filtration plants could have their recipe changed to require regular instead of electric engines? Having them gated off behind AOP, forcing you to tank all the dirty water from iron\copper ore enrichment until you can get Lubricant seems less than ideal.

Thank you for the consideration.

4 years ago

Or better yet, undo the terrible change the base game made to oil processing. They changed it to make the game easier for new players who apparently have trouble figuring out how to deal with three outputs and deadlocks. No one using this awesome mod has any need for help figuring out how to make oil work, so my suggestion would be to give us our light and heavy oil back from basic oil processing 😁

4 years ago

This mod has a "soft touch" feel to a lot of its changes, which actually makes it a good jump off point for players moving beyond vanilla for the first time. I think leaving BOP with the vanilla recipe, ensures you don't turn off newer player quickly. I'm sure they are working something, because currently there are a lot of techs, that due to the change, are now behind blue science, but only require red and green to research them. I didn't realized this when I posted last night.

4 years ago

You're right, a lot is locked behind blue now, but only because Factorio devs felt the need to make a MAJOR change. I also agree that this mod is a lot more accessible than Bob's and Angel's, but lets be real here. The old BOP and AOP weren't that hard to figure out. Sure I was stymied for a few minutes on my first play-through a few years back, but seriously, no one who downloads this mod should have a problem with multiple outputs from a recipe. If they do, they are going to have a lot more to worry about than AOP. I absolutely HATE the change the devs made to BOP so I hope the Krastor and Linver can just do away with it.

4 years ago

The recipe for the filtration plant will be changed in the next update.
About oil refining: we did not change the vanilla oil refining at all and there no plans to change this. Everyone looks at changing recycling differently. Many people like the changes, but many don't. This is normal. It’s impossible to please everyone. For this, there are small mods that can fine-tune the game to the preferences of a particular person, for example:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Pre0-17-60Oil
This mod is compatible with Krastorio.

4 years ago

Thanks Krastor, I agree there is no way to please everyone, and fixing the filter plant will certainly cure the issues created by the new BOP only out putting petro gas. Thanks for your hard work.

4 years ago

Thanks Krastor. No one is every happy with everything. Keep up the great work.

New response