Krastorio Legacy deprecated

Caution!!! Krastorio 2 is now available! Therefore Krastorio Legacy is no longer supported! This mod expands the endgame, adds 30+ HR buildings, 60+ technologies, new ores, new items and rebalances almost all vanilla game content, making it harder.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

b [Fixed] About antimatter reactors

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi, I've noticed something strange about antimatter reactors. In its information in the interface the antimatter reactor, for example, claims to have 500% efficiency, but I've run some test and it seems to burn fuel at 100% efficiency. For example, at 1 GW output a 100 GJ antimatter power cell is consumed in 100 s. Now, I won't claim to be an expert on this, but I've looked at the prototypes and you seem to have "effectivity" specified twice, once in the outer reactor prototype (5, so 500%) and once in the nested "burner" prototype (1, so 100%). It seems that the burner efficiency may be overriding the outer 500% definition. I apologize if I misunderstood something, but if 100% efficiency is actually intended, you may want to remove the outer 500% definition so it's not misleading in the interface.

4 years ago

Hello! You're right. Thanks, I will fix this in the next update.

4 years ago

Great, thanks. Just in case, I haven't tested it, but based on the data file, the same thing appears to be the case for the prototype reactor (reactor effectivity 3.5, burner effectivity 1.25).

4 years ago

Yes, I corrected that too. But it turned out too cheat and I reduced the fuel capacity. Now it is 60 and 180 GJ. That gives 5 and 15 minutes of work at maximum power. It is still much more than before fixing the bug. Thanks!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Yeah, that's fair, in fact looking at the numbers and thinking "is it really SO much power" was what prompted me to run the tests. Thanks again for the fix!

New response